Corsair Community

Reboot loop with 2x2gb corsair xms2 and GA-EP43-DS3

acerimmer

Howdy folks, I am currently helping my uncle build a pc for him but I have a really annoying problem with the ram and mobo, I have 2x2gb of xms2 pc2-6400cl5 1.8 and a Gigabyte GA-EP43C-DS3 mobo and I can only get it to post with the one 2gb stick and when I try it with 2 I get a reboot loop. Does anyone have a clue about this, memory and mobos are getting very picky now.

Well I am nearly convinced that the ram is faulty, I put in the bios settings and it still would not boot with 2 sticks so I took out the stick I had just put in and replaced it with a stick of ddr2667 and it boot no problem with 1 stick of xms2 and a stick of cheapo stuff. I tool them 2 out and tried it with the suspected faulty stick on its own and it would not post and not even a reboot loop, I just got black screen and the fans spinning as normal.

np, thanks I am quite hopeful it is a faulty module as I have tried 4 different types of ram ranging from my own corsair dominator pc8500 to cheapo 533mhz stuff and they all boot ok apart from this one stick. fingers crossed. he has currently a 1gb stick of 667 and 1gb of 533 so at least he can still use his computer.

Archived