Corsair Community

Asus p7p55d + CMG4GX3M2A1600C7

lasty

Hi There!

I've recently upgraded to an Lynnfield Core i7 860 setup, using the Asus P7P55D motherboard and the 4gb CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 Dominator kit (rev 2.1).

Since i've assembled the system, i havent been able to succesfully run MEMTEST86+ v2.11 at all at the listed speed&timings. (using either manual settings or XMP profile which sets the ICM voltage to 1.15v & DRAM voltage to 1.65v)

When i set the modules to XMP profile i can at least get a seemingly stable system.. but memtest is showing alot of errors. The errors all seem to indicate memory failure at locations ABOVE 4GB, this seems a bit odd to me? (e.g.; 00100f0d338 - 4111.8MB, 00122175d0d8 - 4631.8mb, etc.) I have tried to disable an option called PCI Memory Remapping, but this did not fix anything.

Some additional questions;

- The ram is specified at 7-7-7-20 at 1.65v. XMP however is showing 8-7-7-20, is this normal?

- The modules are listed as valid Lynnfield modules, but are not listed as guaranteed compatible with my motherboard. (they actually haveno guaranteed motherboard compatibility at all). Are there known issues with this ram?

I'm also not sure what safe voltages would be for the P55 platform, as 1.65 DRAM voltage is already showing as red in the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

btw. I've already entered a ticket which resulted in an RMA form, which i will only do if no other solutions are available (better yet i will most likely change the ram at my local shop). Also i've contacted ASUS about the issue, but no real progress there.

Hi SpD, the lotcode is 09350739.

A small update on my testing; been testing a bit with a new beta version of memtest86+ (v3.00b3), and i still have some errors at the speeds and timings earlier posted. I'm now running 8-8-8-24 at around 1750 mhz, which seems to be the best possible.

Yes i know this is above stock rated speeds, but ofc with lowered timings, 7-7-7-22 seems to have a very hard job at 1600mhz :( . All testing done at 1.15v IMC and 1.65v DRAM.

• 1 month later...
Hi There!

I've recently upgraded to an Lynnfield Core i7 860 setup, using the Asus P7P55D motherboard and the 4gb CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 Dominator kit (rev 2.1).

Since i've assembled the system, i havent been able to succesfully run MEMTEST86+ v2.11 at all at the listed speed&timings. (using either manual settings or XMP profile which sets the ICM voltage to 1.15v & DRAM voltage to 1.65v)

When i set the modules to XMP profile i can at least get a seemingly stable system.. but memtest is showing alot of errors. The errors all seem to indicate memory failure at locations ABOVE 4GB, this seems a bit odd to me? (e.g.; 00100f0d338 - 4111.8MB, 00122175d0d8 - 4631.8mb, etc.) I have tried to disable an option called PCI Memory Remapping, but this did not fix anything.

Some additional questions;

- The ram is specified at 7-7-7-20 at 1.65v. XMP however is showing 8-7-7-20, is this normal?

- The modules are listed as valid Lynnfield modules, but are not listed as guaranteed compatible with my motherboard. (they actually haveno guaranteed motherboard compatibility at all). Are there known issues with this ram?

I'm also not sure what safe voltages would be for the P55 platform, as 1.65 DRAM voltage is already showing as red in the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hi!

I've got two kits of CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 Ver:2.2 on Asus Maximus III Formula and I've got pretty same pb.

First of all, XMP shows same results as you 8-7-7-20 1.65V.

Secondly, I were lost with first Windows installation errors...

After many tests, I can have a rock stable system with XMP settings (and better: 7-7-7-20 is ok) but if I completely shutdown the system for 2 hours, I'm pretty sure at the next boot I'll will have Memtest86+ 4.0 errors.

The solution is to "re"shutdown my system and restart to have no pb.

My PSU seems ok even in full charge...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived