Corsair Community

problem

ChrisBiggs

I have the same problem except my memory is the VS512MB400. The memory is in 4 x 512 slots, but interestingly, the memory was purchased a couple of years apart and the original set is single-sided and the newer set is double-sided. I tried installing them as single-double on channel one and single-double on channel 2. This helps, but I still get a blue screen crash in Vista from time to time. When the system comes back, it says there was a memory problem. Running the vista memory test reveals no errors. What should I set MY BIOS settings at with the VS sticks?

• Corsair Employees
You cannot mix memory with that MB, so you would need to install one set in the right slots so that set is in Dual channel and then the other set in the other slots normally with ASUS it would be A1 and B1 for one matched set and A2 and B2 for the second set and with that MB you will have to set the memory frequency at DDR333 and I would set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts as well.

Thanks for the quick reply. Would this advice be any different with this being an ABIT motherboard as opposed to ASUS?

To be sure I understand, if my memory slots coming from the processor are in the order of A1, A2, B1, B2; I put one matching set in A1, B1 and then the other matching pair in A2, B2. Is this not correct?

Also, is there no way to run this RAM at DDR400? Would increasing the processor voltage impact that at all?

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the quick reply. Would this advice be any different with this being an ABIT motherboard as opposed to ASUS?

A: No this is a memory controller limitation and the memory controller is in the CPU.

To be sure I understand, if my memory slots coming from the processor are in the order of A1, A2, B1, B2; I put one matching set in A1, B1 and then the other matching pair in A2, B2. Is this not correct?

A: Yes that is correct or sounds correct but you would need to confirm the correct slots with the MB maker.

Also, is there no way to run this RAM at DDR400? Would increasing the processor voltage impact that at all?

A: You are welcome to try it but I doubt the system would be stable with 4 modules at DDR4000 and yes adjusting the CPU Vcore may help.

Archived