Corsair Community

Need help and advice with Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP

HHawk

(sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum section, but I didn't know where else to post it)

Okay I setting up a new second system, which will be used for movies (1080p), music and "simple" games.

The processor I am planning to buy is a: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

The motherboard I am planning to buy is an: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n

I will be using (and trying out) the Corsair H50 cooling solution for this system. Cause if it performs well, I will be buying a 2nd one for my main system (Core i7 920 @ 4 Ghz).

I will be trying to overclock the Q9550 to something around 3.5 or 3.6 Ghz.

Which (affordable) Corsair memory should I use? I am thinking about 2 x 2048 MB RAM (2 sticks). What would you recommend?

Any remarks about this setup, if so what should I change. Should I buy this motherboard, or a different one and buy a seperate WIFI card? Also I am not sure if I will be needing WIFI in general, cause I recently bought a new house together with my girlfriend and I don't know if it will be possible to just use UTP cables instead (which I prefer).

So in short:

1. Is the motherboard worth it's money? Or should I look for something different?

2. Should I buy the Q9550 or are there better (Intel) options out there?

3. What memory do I need, taking in consideration I will be overclocking the CPU?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

• Corsair Employees
1. Is the motherboard worth it's money? Or should I look for something different?

A: ASUS is a quality MB and should be as good as any other choice.

2. Should I buy the Q9550 or are there better (Intel) options out there?

A: That is really a personal choice and if you budget can handle it I would get the fastest CPU you can afford. But if you want to Over clock I would suggest asking this on an over clocking forum for what CPU would be best.

3. What memory do I need, taking in consideration I will be overclocking the CPU?

A: Please look up your system on our memory configurator it will have over clocking options listed, just remember with Intel chipsets you cannot run the memory faster than the CPU FSB.

Archived