Corsair Community

Error with VS1GBKIT400

DriveALW

I recently purchased the VS1GBKIT400 kit for my Dell Dimension 8300 3.2 gHz (with hyper-threading) 800mHz FSB Radeon 9800 XT AGP card When I install the two chips on their own, the system beeps six times and does nothing. When I install just one it does nothing whatsoever. I would run the memtest that I have seen recommended to others on this site but I can't get the computer to run at all so far. What should I do? Thanks DriveALW

• Corsair Employees
Can maybe another friend help you test the modules in a system that's not OEM? Also I would try the modules one at a time, and you may have to clear the system bios to get it to post with these modules!

Well, I thought that I had tested the modules independently, but I tried it again and I must have tested one of them twice. The machine will load with only one of the modules, but will not do anything with the other one. On closer inspection, this module appears to be slightly bent, and it may not be making a proper connection. So, my assessment would be that it is defective. Can I return this unit? Thanks for the help, DriveALW

Archived