Corsair Community

CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 on P7P55D

Webby

I would like to use that memory for the P7P55D with a Core i5 750 I'm about to order. Only it isn't on the asus QVL for the board. It does show up on the Memory Configurator on this site though. I can't find any tests with this memory so far for this combo.

The QVL does say this:

- According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600 is supported for one DIMM per channel only. ASUS exclusively provides two DDR3-1600 DIMM support for each memory channel.

My guess is that a channel means 2 modules since it's a dual channel board?

The next point in the QVL states that the CPU supports only DDR3-1333, enable DRAM O.C. Profile in the bios for higher frequency.

I am a non experienced user that does not overclock, I've never run anything on other settings then default. Also I've been reading that you lose the Turbo Modus when overclocking. That's just the function I like about the i5.

Can you advice me?

• Corsair Employees
The memory speed supported will depend on what CPU you use and these modules will run on that MB and depending on the CPU you use over clocking may be required to run the memory at DDR1600. And we do not send our modules to any MB maker for them to qualify so I am not surprised they are not on their QVL list not to mention MB manufacturers normally do not list over clocking memory.

Archived