Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator 1066 on Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L

shawon84

Bro........i am using Core2duo E8400 with Gigabyte EP43-DS3L motherboard.

two days ago i bought Corsair Dominator 4 GB 1066Mhz PC2 - 8500 C5.

now i am facing some problem.......like my PC got hanged frequently.

so how can i solve this problem..?? please help me bro.....:[pouts:

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults and set the modules tested settings manually IE DDR1066 at 2.1 Volts Cas 5-5-5-15 and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing.

bro i have done the checking by memtest86+-2.11. & one ram at a time i got 0 error. but both ram at a time i got errors. then is it ok for me...??

now what will i have to do? please help...........

If both sticks passed in a single slot, it's not the memory. This narrows it down to a slot issue, or a memory controller issue. I'm assuming you tried both sticks at the same time in a dual channel configuration. Try both sticks at the same time in a single channel configuration.

If both sticks passed in a single slot, it's not the memory. This narrows it down to a slot issue, or a memory controller issue. I'm assuming you tried both sticks at the same time in a dual channel configuration. Try both sticks at the same time in a single channel configuration.

i have done the checking. & i got no error this time. now...??

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. Motherboard EP43-DS3L (Bios ver. F9e) vs. TWIN2X4096-8500C5D. I'm installing memory, then clearing CMOS by jumper, then i go to M.I.T. and set 2.1v and Profile2 (5.5.5.15), after that my PC doesn't even start. After few automatic resets bios sets to default and only then i can start my PC, but! memtest86+ gives me thousands of errors (last time at the 42% of standart test i saw 1773 errors in dual channel). Previous memory (KVR800D2N5/1G 1.8v) works normal and successfully passes the test in single and dual channel. Is that memory\motherbard\memory controller or something else?

shawon84 what version of bios do you have?

Help meeee, i wanna normal working memory for my PC!

mad*********e

What CPU do you have, if you have an E4200 that may be the issue, with Intel chipsets you cannot run the memory frequency faster then the CPU FSB.

Just checked my CPU. At the moment i have E6300 2.8 ГГц/ 2Мб/ 1066Mhz LGA775 and i've tried older one, E4200 to be more precise (800Mhz). All M.I.T. on auto, SPD auto (5-7-7-24), 1.8v, and same thing in memtest86+ 4.0. 50% of the test and ~1.500 errors in dual channel mode. 1 ram at the time gives me 68-547 errors in the same conditions.

5 minutes ago i'v returned to E6300 to double check all test and see what happens.

I got the same problem. I got this motherboard gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L and 4 memory sticks Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D and when i put them in all 4 slots my pc random freezes. So i tested all those memory sticks in a different pc and its working normaly (both in windows and in Memtest86+ V4.0 with no errors). So i tried to test 1 by 1 on my motherboard and turns out that when i put one memory stick in 1. or 3. slot the pc freezes and on 2. and 4. it works normaly (but on auto settings in bios), when i manualy set latency on CAS 5-5-5-15 2T Voltage on 2,1V it doesnt work on any slot (that are optimized settings for my memory). So what should i do now?

Oh and when i put bios F8 or that beta bios it freezes on all slots with all memory sticks. F3-F7 works just at auto settings on 2. and 4. slot-both dual channel and single channel.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules you will have to set the memory to DDR667 or DDR800 depending on the CPU FSB. But if they are working on another MB I would suggest talking to the MB Maker about replacing the MB.

Archived