Corsair Community

What NB & Video Blocks Do You Use with Your H200?

morrisgs

Guess Corsairs blocks aren't going to emerge any time soon. I am due to flush out my system and plan to buy my blocks in two weeks to install immediately after the flush, from someone/anyone that makes a descent block that works with a Hydrocool 200. Please list the blocks you use and the make/model of motherboard and video card. And a brief general discription of the performance/temps with those blocks. This way others including myself can evaluate the market. :D: Thanks for posting. Corsair Hydrocool is awesome, but not complete without a full set of blocks available. Hope they surprise the market REAL SOON with their release!

For those shopping for NB & GPU blocks for your Hydrocool I would suggest against the Innovatek blocks unless you can find custom hose fittings. There hose barbs are not true 1/4", they are 8mm. The tubing that fits this is 5/16" ID. If you do plan on using them you would need adapters.

From the reviews I've read, they work great...........The NB cooler is the same as the GPU cooler just with the connectors in a different direction. Really any of the chipset blocks will work on either the NB or GPU, depending on how you run your tubing...... :eek:

Start by saying this. There are a few things needed for corrosion. Two dissimilar metals, an electrolyte, and time. You water is your electrolyte and your computer has plenty of time. Keep this in mind when ordering a waterblock. If you have an aluminum radiator you might want to look into a water block that is gold plated. Koolance thought of this. [url]http://www.koolance.com[/url]

• 3 weeks later...
YoueatLard, You're right about the metal mixes by adding the extra blocks. However, we all need to remember that the HX isn't the only aluminum part in the HC. The reservoir is all aluminum too! This is another reason why the HC has a coolant mixture of 1/3 propylene glycol and 2/3 distilled water. So, adding extra copper blocks for the other chipsets will not change that ratio. EVERYONE, Currently, the chipset blocks are offered in Australia. Not sure why they are not yet offered anywhere else. Unless more HC's were sold down under compared to any place else! When looking at NB/GPU cold-blocks, also consider the mounting hardware. You may get an excellent cold-block, but lousy hold-down hardware to mount it. We had reviewed a few blocks ourselves and found this to be the down fall in a handful of the popular choices among the blocks. So, we had to be creative to mount the cold-blocks securely. Some blocks would rock atop of the NB or GPU and would require additional pads like some of the older AMD processors needed. The gap is 0.8mm or 1.2mm. Another problem is those hook-loop MOBO's for the NB. Some cold-block mounting hardware had more pressure to one side causing the cold-block to be tipped at the base. Others would work loose over time or if the computer case was bumped, the mounting hardware would totally let go! :bigeyes: SO --- We do welcome everone's input here not just for the cold-block performance, size, and price, but ALSO for the mounting hardware being true to the cold-block atop of the processor and to hold the cold-block securely. :biggrin: Stev

I just recieved my Corsair NB & GPU blocks yesterday & I've set them up on my rig. GPU temp according to the ATI Overclock tab is 58 degrees C, which is about 10 degrees cooler than before. I dont know what the temp of the NB is, but I am able to run my 3.0 P4c at 3.6 stable, before my maximum was 3.53 - anything above this was unstable, I think due to the hot NB. Anyway, enjoy the pics!

Nice, I finally broke down and turned in my film for development (no dig. camera yet). When I get mine back I'll post. Were are you from and where did you p/u the corsair blocks? I waited almost a year and figured a sure fire way to get them on the market would be for me to purchase 3rd party Vid/NB blocks. :eek: It seems to be working :[pouts:

I am from Hong Kong, I got my NB & GPU blocks from the Corsair Distributor here. A couple of months ago, there was the ad in Maximum PC, so I contacted the distributor, & they followed up on it. Just last week they gave me a call to say that the NB & GPU blocks were available, so I placed my order in for 2 sets ( the other set went to a friend ) If you are interested in getting them, I think you should work through your distributor in your area, because from what I heard, these are not for retail release yet or something like that. The NB & GPU blocks seem to work really well, the installation was very easy with detailed instuctions. Although I have not tried other blocks, I am quite happy with these ones & recommend them.

wZank, The pictures look really good. With the cold-blocks and memory, you now have more Corsair inside the system than Intel or AMD. I like the blue fan on the voltage heatsink too. Stev

Archived