Corsair Community

4 GB modules?

Tauschung

There has been talk around various other websites concerning the new Core i5 Memory modules, stating that Corsair will be releasing 2x4GB memory kits in the near future. But, as I regularly check the Core i5 memory page on the main site, there is still no word yet on whether this might be true or not. We only see that there are three model numbers showing the utilization of 8GB, and none of the links (save one) show the Data Sheet for that part number.

Is there anyone here that might know if there are indeed 2x4GB kits in development, and if there is any sort of estimated release date? I am currently planning out my new AMD Phenom II build, and would love the chance to be able to run 16GB of memory in this new system.

Thanks for any insight provided.

Tauschung

I believe they've stated there will be no more data sheets. My guess as to the reason is because all they ever were was a repeat of data that's already on the website. The 8 GB kits on the website are all currently 4 sticks of 2 GB modules.

I created a part # deciphering FAQ a week or 2 ago. Still waiting for it to be approved.

It's safe to say they're working on it, but they don't usually talk about products before they're fully ready for release.

Thanks for the reply, and for moving the post to a more appropriate place.

I'm hoping it won't be too much longer, there are already 2x4GB kits available that I have seen in the "value" ram category. Can't take too much longer for other chip makers to make better performance chips to do the same, or at least one might assume.

• Corsair Employees

4.0 Gig modules are not available just yet, I would expect to see them later this yer after the release of Windows 7.

Currently the Cost of the IC's is still high and hard to get in large quantity, so until that improves I do not expect them to end up in XM3S SKU's

Archived