Corsair Community

X128 not being detected

millerf

Hi,

After reading a few of these posts it seems that my drive is also having the same issue.

This is a new system and a clean install of vista-64 bit. It keeps giving me a winload.exe error because the system can not find the drive.

It is not being detected in the bios, however if i turn the PC on and off it sometimes does detect the drive, however after a variable amount of time the BSOD appears and then the drive is not detected once again.

Is there a fix to this issue or is the drive itself faulty? I have used corsair for years and never had issue with the products so it is with some suprise to have this issue at all.

any help appreciated

• 4 weeks later...
Another one of these, damn I wonder whats causing this to occur as this happened to my X 64 as well within hours - it just vanished and no listing in the BIOS. Put my WD 320 Scorpio Black in my laptop no issues. Drive was completely dead. It sounds to me the controller is failing which would prevent the BIOS from detecting the drive.

Hotrod,

I have the same problem with Windows 7 when trying to use the AHCI BIOS option during the install process. My X128 will show up sometimes and not others (I've done a few installs). This never occurs when I have AHCI disabled and I cannot nail down a particular change that causes it. This is frustrating as I have all my other HDDs set-up for AHCI. Keep us posted on your findings!

EDIT: And now my rig won't even see the drive with AHCI disabled. This is getting weird :(

• 3 weeks later...
Hotrod,

I have the same problem with Windows 7 when trying to use the AHCI BIOS option during the install process. My X128 will show up sometimes and not others (I've done a few installs). This never occurs when I have AHCI disabled and I cannot nail down a particular change that causes it. This is frustrating as I have all my other HDDs set-up for AHCI. Keep us posted on your findings!

EDIT: And now my rig won't even see the drive with AHCI disabled. This is getting weird :(

UPDATE: Corsair X-128 still kicking and screaming along no issues. My ASUS G1S laptop does not allow AHCI to be enabled or disabled even with the latest BIOS. This is usually only on PC motherboards / BIOS's. Very impressed with its speed on Windows 7 x64 RC1. With the issue you were having, for the fact the platter drives accept AHCI, would seem to indicate either a possible SSD issue or update firmware required for the SSD.

Archived