Corsair Community

which psu for new core i7 system?

Cobra26

Hello Corsair:biggrin:,

First of all here are my components: (still waiting for the components but i can still change hardware if i want to swap)

These are my pc components:

Lian Li Tyr PCX-500 case

Wich Corsair PSU HX620 or HX750?

Intel Core i7 920 (do) overclocked to 3.0 or 3.2ghz

Intel Postville ssd 80gb (G2)

EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard

EVGA GTX260 super clocked

Mushkin XP3-12800, 6GB, PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, cas 7-8-7-20.

Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB, 7200 Rpm, 32 MB

Sony Optiarc dvd burner

Cherry G80-3000 keyboard black

Razer Salmossa mouse

6 or 7 case fans 3 for radiator the rest for the case (Noiseblocker NB-Blacksilent XL1 Rev.3 120mm 3pin)

What do you recommend me please take into consideration 6 or 7 case fans and a pump Aquastream XT wich uses 5watt (will be watercooling the cpu and GPU also il do a little overclock on the core i7 (do) to 3.0 or 3.2ghz

And i will never use SLI just one GTX260 or perhaps in the future a GT300 40nm based GPU.

I heard that if your components use say 400wat you generaly buy a 500watt quality psu. But its better to have a 600watt psu not for upgrade like sli but for BETTER STABILITY (the bigger the psu the more AMPS i have and the less stress on the psu for more stability...i think) so the psu is not working at its max output. I hope you understand me...For me stability is very important and a solid relaibly system.

So should i go for the HX620 or HX750? and are 6 to 7 case fans no problem for either psu?

Thanks in advance

got for a 850Watt, may be a little overkill but better be safe than sorry as I am sure once u have such PC you want to do gaming and than SLI and than a PSU with more power....! I heared the NEW GTX300 use less power but yes......850 for now, if u ask me go with the corasi 1000Watt and just be happy!

Have you used the PSU Finder (link on the left sidebar)?

Thanks for the reply's.

Yes i used the psu finder link, but what i get is a recommended psu of 450 - 550watt. I do think thats a bit at the low side, OC i7 920, gtx260, 6-7 casefans, 1 ssd, 1 hdd, pump, 6gb ram...And HX850 or even a HX1000 is way overkill for my needs daleader lol the odds i ever use sli is very very small, unless the gpu is so energy efficient.

So HX620 or HX750? Please read the first post to understand why.....headroom for stability so the psu doesnt runs at its max, headroom is not ment for sli.

See it this way a Volkswagen polo vs porche turbo both are driving 120km/hr wich of the 2 stressing much to achieve that speed the polo or porche.....?

Archived