Corsair Community

3rd Set of Dominator RAM died today

scheer

Hi

I have just finished swapping a pair of 1GB Dominator RAM sticks from my rig, which is the 3rd set I have bought, as it died on me again. I am really suprised at the unreliability of this particular set of RAM. Used Corsair for years and am really disappointed. This set was bought in January 2008. Can you advise me if it will still be under warranty and how I can go about getting a replacement? The model is CM2X1024-8500C5D

Lifetime warranty. What testing have you done? Please enter in the full specs of your system into your profile as per the registration process.

It's rare enough to get one, let alone 3 bad sticks, so I'm guessing it may be something else causing the issues, or damaging the memory.

I will update my specs in a sec

Tried the RAM in 3 different machines and it wont even post on any of them. Tried some old DDR2 Corsair RAM in my current rig and that works fine. The first set of RAM was DOA and the 2nd set had errors with memtests. I swapped both of these with the people I bought them from, as they were within the 1year warranty from the store

Archived