Corsair Community

Will an XMS memory stick work on FIC AM37-L?

HomestaR 55

i have an emachines T2625 and my mother board is a FIC AM37-L it can hold up to 2gb of ram, but i was wondering if one of corsairs XMS sticks would even work with this? and if so what kind of stick do i get? I have no clue, if anyone could give a noob like me any insight please do so :sigh!: thanks

• Corsair Employees
I would check with the system builder to see if they have tested anyone’s 1.0 Gig modules. However, Twinx1024-3200 should be supported with this chipset! Please make sure that you have the latest bios and as long as they have added support for higher density IC's in their bios, you should be good to go!

Well, RamGuy mentioned the Twinx1024-3200, which is Two CMX512-3200 memory DIMMs. How much memory did you want to go up to? I'm not sure if you can overclock an E-Machine, but I doubt it. Why are you looking for a speed increase? What are you using the system for?

• Corsair Employees
Please check in the MB bios normally where you set the CPU Frequency. You should see a setting called Memory Frequency or Memory Frequency ratio. And will either be a % of the CPU freq. like 100% or a divider setting like 1-1 or 3-3.

Archived