Corsair Community

Matched Memory Problem?

worldpeace

Seem to be having problems with my matched pairs of Corsair Memory which I hope can be solved. I have a pair of matched Twinx CMX512-3200LLPT XMS3205v1.1 (2226-T1) 400MHZ Running on a Giga-Byte GA-8KNXP. The System was running fine and all was stable, until I needed more memory, so I looked to buy the same pair of matched memory dimm's some months later, or so I thought. I got them and installed them fine and thats when the problems started! the system just keept on freezing or resetting on me, This is the model number of the second pair I bought, Matched Twinx CMX512-3200LLPT XMS3205v1.2 (2326) 400MHZ. I noticed that the numbers in brackets on the newer pair did not match that of the old, is this the problem and can it be solved? I also have the latest MOBO Bios.

• Corsair Employees
I would test the modules sets one at a time and lets make sure one set is not weak or failing. Then if they both pass; please try setting the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to + .2 Volts and see if that does not solve the issue. However, there have been several that have this MB and were not able to run with 4 modules, but 2 would run with out problems. If you still have problems I would suggest testing with another MB if possible!

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you look at [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8048]XMS Qualification and Testing[/URL], with in this post we list all of our XMS modules by part# and the MB we use to valide that specific module. Rev 1.1 of XMS3200LL would be based on Winbond -5 Rev B and Rev 1.2 of XMS3200LL would be based on Winbond -5 Rev C.

Archived