Corsair Community

Is it necessary to disable fan control on the mobo header for the h50 pump

UVAi7920

I recently read a review of the h50 which stated that its best to disable fan control on the motherboard fan header used to power the h50's pump. Here is the exact quote:

"One thing that users should be wary of is plugging in the 3-pin power connector for the pump into a motherboard header - you need to turn OFF fan control. It requires the full 12V for optimum performance and anything less will seriously hinder its effectiveness"

I have not read this anywhere else (possibly I may have just missed it) so I wanted to ask if other users are disabling fan control or if this is even an issue to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

i saw that as well. im interested in knowing the answer too. i assumed you would plug the fan into the cpu header so the system could control the speed, and then plug the pump into another fan header. i assume they mean dont use any power/noise saving settings on the fan header you use for the pump.

Thanks for the replies. This issue may be something other users may want to look into if they are troubleshooting core temperatures which are higher than expected. Could this also be why I am seeing some comment that the h50 seems to perform better under load than at idle? (i.e. with power saving features on the motherboard header turned on the pump isn't working at expected capacity until temps spike).

I recently read a review of the h50 which stated that its best to disable fan control on the motherboard fan header used to power the h50's pump. Here is the exact quote:

"One thing that users should be wary of is plugging in the 3-pin power connector for the pump into a motherboard header - you need to turn OFF fan control. It requires the full 12V for optimum performance and anything less will seriously hinder its effectiveness"

I have not read this anywhere else (possibly I may have just missed it) so I wanted to ask if other users are disabling fan control or if this is even an issue to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

The pump needs full 12volts for optimum performance http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80249. You can either turn the fan control off in bios or plug the pump into another header on the MB and connect the fans to the cpu header.

Archived