Corsair Community

voyager 2gb, fine on xp, but vista keeps asking me a driver ..??

Frantz

Good evening,

I'm working on 2 pcs : a vista 32 and a xp, I got 3 corsair usb flashdrives : gt16, 8 and 2.

on xp : all keys are working fine

on vista : gt16 is ok, as well as the 8Go, but the 2Go is not recognised by the OS, it keeps asking me for a driver ??? (previously the key was working fine, no idea what happened !)

any idea for solving this problem ??

thanks for your help !!

Frantz

• Corsair Employees
Since the drivers are provided by the OS and its working fine on the other machine I would assume that is was a software issue. What puzzles me is your able to get the other drivers to work. Did you try reformatting the drive on the XP machine and see if this corrects the issue?

... didn't thought about this move ...

...tried, format is ok, either with xp and dos command, but vista still request a driver :

"modèle de memory card/memory card reader est RTS5116 series USB2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader Controller" ---> go to "http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ ... for getting the driver" !! and it doesn't help vista for getting the usb key recognized.

Is there a way for me to "inject" a "genuine corsair driver" into vista ?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay, 'been away for some days ...

well, I tried this procedure but it still remain the same .. (nightmare !!)

Only new point : the device manager see it's a corsair voyager key, but the "eject icon" on the bottom right of the screen only see it as a storage device !

When booting with the key its led light up twice, when i plug it after the boot procedure it doesn't even light up.

it seems ('been browsing around too) that other user are experiencing this trouble, and of course MS doesn't seems to move !! (would it be a way to "push" us towards to "windows 7" (....)

• 1 month later...

'evening !

final stage, 'cause of other problem with vista I finally had to reinstall from scratch the whole system, then it now works fine, so the key was not the weak point, all solved

thanks for your assistance !

Frantz

Archived