Corsair Community

TX750W brief buzzing noise...

Hendrix89

It's done this once or twice before (a few months ago) and has not made such a noise again until today when I powered up my system.

Just like with the previous instances, the noise is only apparent when powering up and remains for a few minutes at most before stopping and acting normal again.

Just gave the fan a quick spray with some compressed air. When I switched it off and started up the system again to see if the noise would start a second time, it didn't.

Looking at the fan it seems to be spinning fine. Could this just be a dust issue seeing as the noise doesn't last long and is not a frequent occurance?

And one last thing I'd like to mention. A few days ago when I switched only the PSU on (not the power to the system) it exhausted a bit of air for a very brief moment. Is this normal?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
It does sound like a dust issue. it is strange that the PSU exhausted a bit of air when you switch the PSU on, I personally have never seem that on any PSUs here. If you are not comfortable with this PSU, let's get it replaced. Use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Thanks for responding.

Whats the best way to clean the PSU? Just compressed air? I may as well try to stop the noise happening again.

It would be very inconvenient for me to be without a power supply at this time so seeing as it seems to be powering my system fine without noticeable issues, I think I'll stick it out a bit longer before opting for a replacement.

Do you have any idea as to what could possibly have caused/triggered the PSU to exhaust the air while not powering the system?

Thanks.

Compressed air should do the trick. Are you saying it is exhausting air out the back of the PSU or the bottom through the fan opening?

Can't remember exactly but I think it was through the back. It only happened for the first time about a week ago and has not not done it since.

Archived