Corsair Community

H50 AMD bracket

rogue71

Corsair has seriously done a really ignorant thing here. offer a high end cooler and then screw all amd customers out of a bracket???? they turn around and say no no its free, but u gotta pay 5 bucks for shipping and wait for it. ( oh yea and if u dont use credit cards....youre screwd) . the damn bracket should be included. just about every high end cooler comes with both kinds of brackets, and there is NO REASON whatsoever that this bracket isnt included in the box.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employees
I can understand your frustration and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Once the retail version of the H50 begins to ship, all brackets will be included but this may not be for another few weeks. I would suggest that you contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what can be done to resolve this problem.

i did that and i got a very nice girl on the other end of the phone that was basically looking up the product in either a book or on your system and had no real knowledge of the product or that the bracket was supposed to be included in future packaging. the other problem is how the heck is someone supposed to know whether or not the "new" packages contain the amd brackets??? you have a new part number for them? or do we just have to cross our fingers? and btw....the way to resolve the problem....is to include the damn brackets in the package. on the corsair site when u purchase the cooler, it says support for amd. yet NO mention that the bracket is not included in the product description. the bracket should be free as well as all other costs until the genius that made the call to not include the brackets fixes the problem. that would be the proper way to treat your customers.

Under Resources:

Includes mounting brackets for Intel LGA775 and LGA1366 socket motherboards. Brackets for AMD socket AM2 and AM3 motherboards are available for a nominal shipping and handling charge by contacting Corsair Technical Support.

• Corsair Employees
The part number for the retail version will be CWCH50-1. The retail version will have a different bracket altogether, which will be more universal. The AMD bracket available on our store is a temporary fix to tide over AMD users who could not wait for the retail version.

thanks for the part number. now onto the next question.. when u say the new bracket will be "more universal" what does that mean. ive ever heard of a hybrid mounting bracket for any cpu cooler. its intel or amd. can you please elaborate. i also am looking for the release date of the retail version you are quoting as CWCH50-1. thanks. i want to know because i am not sure now whether to wait or not. it will take a long long time before the new units filter through the system. my local supplier got 3 units in about 3 weeks ago and they are the intel only versions. another supplier says 2-3 weeks before stock arrives. no doubt another group of intel only.

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately there is no set date for the release of the re-tooled bracket. By "more universal" I mean that instead of having a separate backplate and bracket for each different type of socket, there will be fewer, each of which will accommodate multiple sockets. I do not have any further information on the bracket than that.

so if i do order an amd bracket for the $5 flat rate shipping, who takes care of the obscene brokerage fees used by ups?? and how many weeks will it take to get to canada?

HI rogue71:

DO NOT ORDER THIS BRACKET. The bottom bracket plate may be incompatible with some socket AM3 (or all) motherboards). This must be why Corsair is redesigning the bracket.

After removing the "plastic" OEM bracket from the bottom of my new

MSI 790fx-GD70 mb I noticed that there were a number soldered connection points under the "plastic" bracket in close proximity to the cpu. When placing the Corsair bottom bracket plate (which i paid $5.00 to have shipped) against the bottom of the MB it contacts these solder points, and will not lie flat against the board.

Because of this the following possibilities arise:

1: The bracket will short out your MB.

2: The bracket will short out your CPU.

3: The bracket will short out the CPU and the MB.

4: The bracket could cause a fire inside your computer case should it cause

a short.

5: OR, maybe im from another planet and have no idea what I am talking

about. Of course, maybe I do, in which case it would be better to be

safe than sorry.

rogue71 you should remove the bottom bracket on your board and check to see if any solder points are present. If there are any, even very small ones

DO not use this bracket.

If there are no solder points that the bracket could come in contact with

maybe you would be able to use it. Thats only a "MAYBE".

I emailed Corsair Tech support about 24 hours ago on this matter, but as of this moment I have not yet had a reply. They do have to deal with hundreds of emails each day I would think so I am patiently waiting an answer.

thanks for the info. i wouldnt have even thought of that.youd think the brackets would be made assuming you had solder joints there.....its for the cpu. duhhh. i have an asus m4n82 deluxe. its already in my system and i really dont want to rip it out. i was hoping to do this in one shot when i upgraded my case and cpu and cooler in one shot.ugh. yet another problem to deal with.

my question is if so many bracket have been shipped why havent so many others had your problem? is it just your board?

RAMGUY ( or anyone else) could please help out with this. i dont want to be stuck with a cooler i cant use. this isnt like popping in spare ram sticks.

• Corsair Employees
so if i do order an amd bracket for the $5 flat rate shipping, who takes care of the obscene brokerage fees used by ups?? and how many weeks will it take to get to canada?

I do not know the details of international shipping but if you contact our customer service they should be able to answer any questions.

• Corsair Employees
HI rogue71:

DO NOT ORDER THIS BRACKET. The bottom bracket plate may be incompatible with some socket AM3 (or all) motherboards). This must be why Corsair is redesigning the bracket.

After removing the "plastic" OEM bracket from the bottom of my new

MSI 790fx-GD70 mb I noticed that there were a number soldered connection points under the "plastic" bracket in close proximity to the cpu. When placing the Corsair bottom bracket plate (which i paid $5.00 to have shipped) against the bottom of the MB it contacts these solder points, and will not lie flat against the board.

Because of this the following possibilities arise:

1: The bracket will short out your MB.

2: The bracket will short out your CPU.

3: The bracket will short out the CPU and the MB.

4: The bracket could cause a fire inside your computer case should it cause

a short.

5: OR, maybe im from another planet and have no idea what I am talking

about. Of course, maybe I do, in which case it would be better to be

safe than sorry.

rogue71 you should remove the bottom bracket on your board and check to see if any solder points are present. If there are any, even very small ones

DO not use this bracket.

If there are no solder points that the bracket could come in contact with

maybe you would be able to use it. Thats only a "MAYBE".

I emailed Corsair Tech support about 24 hours ago on this matter, but as of this moment I have not yet had a reply. They do have to deal with hundreds of emails each day I would think so I am patiently waiting an answer.

We have seen absolutely no issues when using the H50 with an AMD system, there should be no reason to remove the backplate on your motherboard. The bracket is being revised so that we can minimize the amount of hardware that needs to be included in each box, 80% of the people buying the H50 use an Intel based system and we wanted to make the H50 available to the public as soon as possible. The plan was to have a universal backplate from the beginning, however delays have caused us to have to provide a temporary solution, which is why the AMD bracket is only available from our website.

I have to agree that this AMD process has been a teensy bit irritating. I ordered a bracket over a week ago, and received no e-mail or confirmation of any kind. I called to check on the status a few days ago, and was informed that they have no units in stock.

Poor communication on Corsair's part, in my opinion. :(

I can confirm this. I have a ASUS M4N82 Deluxe and I didn't have to remove the old backing plate. I reviewed the corsair plate to the asus one and they were the same layout and same threads. The plate just was produced by a different kind material. Even the small risers where the screws go into were the same.

I can confirm this. I have a ASUS M4N82 Deluxe and I didn't have to remove the old backing plate. I reviewed the corsair plate to the asus one and they were the same layout and same threads. The plate just was produced by a different kind material. Even the small risers where the screws go into were the same.

so are you telling me that the backplate that comes with the m4n82 deluxe is the same as the amd bracket corsair is making but its just a different material????? so i dont need to order one?? i just dont want to buy this cooler if im going to have to wait months to use it.

so are you telling me that the backplate that comes with the m4n82 deluxe is the same as the amd bracket corsair is making but its just a different material????? so i dont need to order one?? i just dont want to buy this cooler if im going to have to wait months to use it.

They are not identical, but have the same layout, threads are the same, both are metal, and short of getting out a micrometer the risers for the bolts are the same height. As far as I can tell they are functionally the same. I compared the two and liked the plastic protector on the stock better. If you have the bracket from Corsair you can mount the cooler using the stock bracket on your MB.

We have seen absolutely no issues when using the H50 with an AMD system, there should be no reason to remove the backplate on your motherboard. The bracket is being revised so that we can minimize the amount of hardware that needs to be included in each box, 80% of the people buying the H50 use an Intel based system and we wanted to make the H50 available to the public as soon as possible. The plan was to have a universal backplate from the beginning, however delays have caused us to have to provide a temporary solution, which is why the AMD bracket is only available from our website.

80%. hmm. considering how nice this cooler is i think you might find that alot more amd people would buy the h50 if it was actually advertised as an amd cooler not just intel. and when you have to "order" brackets and wait, i think most people couldnt be bothered. and im sorry. delays for a bracket? cmon its a friggin mounting bracket. sounds to me that corsair just jumped on the "everyone is using intel" bandwagon and didnt pay attention to the crapload of amd users out there that might want this cooler. this looks like a very appealling product but putting this thing out there as "intel only" and making us pay for an amd bracket is absurd considering how universal this thing can be.

What I meant from material is yes both are metal but a different kind of metal and was stamped differently. The bracket from corsair is still needed because of the top mounting plate is needed for the water cooler but you don't have to use the back plate. You don't even have to remove the mother board for installation.

rogue71: Where is it advertised like that?

Since no one in this thread has asked, I will:

Why was the AMD bracket not initially included with the H50? What caused this delay?

its kinda like buying a car, then finding that the fine print tells you the tires are extra. the fact that the amd bracket must be requested via corsair and is not included should be noted in bold in the compatibility field, not under resources....

many people will say hey whats the big deal just pay the $5. ok first of all i shouldnt have to pay $5 more than you. second, i live in canada so it will take weeks not days to get here, if and when it gets shipped.anyone that builds systems knows how much of a huge setback it is when you cant get parts on time.

i like alot of corsair products, i just think they dropped the ball on the release of this one for amd customers.

Archived