Corsair Community

memtest errors

override

Hi,

as allready listed in my title i have a total of 8 GB

4 X CM3X2048-1333C9DHX

first i had the 1600 version but that kept running unstable and with memtest i had allot of errors.

than i bought these from the QVL list

i checked the website and it sais the timing is 9-9-9-24 with 1.6 volts

checked in a pair of 2

now i have the memory infront of me and it sais

9-9-9-24 1.5V ver1.2

is ver 1.2 also on the QVL list ?

i checked the 4 with memtest and it showed over a 100 of errors.

with 1.6 volts even more errors

i tried setting all my bios settings to automatic and its runs much better than.

did anoter memtest and still errors.

removed 4 gb and ran memtest again and found errors

replaced the 4 gb with the other 4 gb and found errors.

i'm allready struggling for months to get this working stable and i just cant seem to be able to get it running normally.

the motherboard simple doesnt support this memory cause its ver 1.2 ?

i'm running outa id's here and i really want my system to be stable

getting only a few bsods a day but its still WAY to much.

help please

• Corsair Employees

We do not submit our modules to any MB maker for them to qualify, if a MB maker has our modules listed it is normally because they had the memory from another source. And I have posted this about mixing Two sets of module many times.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

We do not submit our modules to any MB maker for them to qualify, if a MB maker has our modules listed it is normally because they had the memory from another source. And I have posted this about mixing Two sets of module many times.

i prefer sticking to 1333

dun know if that has any significant value ?

the thing is they dont sell quad kits over here and the store i got em from doesnt wanna order them either and i cant return my modules anymore and get a refund

any possibility sticking to 1333 with a certain voltage for memory and processor ?

• Corsair Employees

If you buy two sets of Twin modules they may or may not run at full speed as far as a specific CPU I would check with AMD but I have not seen any information from them specifically about fully loaded systems they normally dump that on the MB maker to explain.

However, like I suggested we can only promise the tested settings on a supported system for how the modules are sold IE One set or Two or Four modules not mixing Two sets.

i just found out my store is able to order the quad kit aswel

CMX8GX3M4A1333C9

if i get that 1

am i able to run on 1333 than or still same story ?

the manufacturar of the MB doesnt gaurantee that kit to work on this MB though

can you ?

why did you say check with AMD btw ?

i got a intel and asus MB

i will try the settings you gave me

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts

NB = nortbridge ?

MCH = memory controler hub ?

spp ? no clue which 1 that is

the voltage should just be between 1.7 and 1.9 ?

if i put it on 1.8 should function ?

sorry for asking so much

i just checked my BIOS

and i can only find

Dram voltage

NB voltage

SB voltage

edit 2 : i just noticed the other guy modified my post and removed my processor type

why is that ?

• Corsair Employees

No one deleted any thing from your post that I know of, if that does happen leave it alone and post on the thread I will take care of it.

And on some MB's/Chipsets the memory controller is in the CPU and sometimes its in the NB Chipset IE the setting could be just NB (Normally for Intel) or for some Intel chipsets they will call it Memory Controller Hub MCH for short, and with some Nvidia chipsest they may call it System Platform Processor SPP for short. so it could any of the three or a combination of them. Looks like your would be the (NB) setting and increase it +.2 Volts over default.

i just did what you said

and my computer refuses to boot normaly now

once i set the settings and pick save and exit

the computer is rebooting and just shuts itself off

than when i put it back on again. my monitor keeps saying no signal

and nothing happends. than i shut it off again and put it back on

than it starts to boot up and gives a error '' overclocking failed ''

if i just shut off the computer now it keeps repeating itself

if i hit the reset button the computer restarts and boots without problem and keeping the bios settings

doesnt really seem to be normal :P

Archived