Corsair Community

Problem with new RAM

arty1234

Hello! I need help regarding my new RAM I bought.

A lot of people has told me that switching ram should be the most simple procedure there is. But as far as I'm concerned... This happens to be false. In my case anyhow.

Anywho...

I recently had 2x1gb of ram, pretty crappy if you have Vista, a lot of games crashes because of memory missing. So I went ahead and bought 2x2gb ram (This one to be exact: Corsair XMS2 Dominator TwinX DDR2 PC8500/1066MHz CL5 2x2GB)

What happened when I put it in was that the computer started looping in restartmode... And if you watched carefully enough, you could see a error message: (0x000000A5 ( 0x00001000, 0x00000000, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0x00000140) (Or something like that)

As far as I've looked on the internet, it seems there is a problem with the motherboard "Asus M2N Plus Sli" I have.

I fixed the problem temporarily by taking out one of the new 2gb and now it works fine. I've looked up now a lot on the interwebz on a solution but couldn't find anything helpful.

Do you guys have any ideas or possibly a solution?

Ok guys, here's the deal. I have no idea what to do. Why the hell can't I have ddr1066 when my buddy with the same motherboard managed to do it fine.

The "speed / timings / voltage" thing is more of an issue, how do I get there and check the BIOS? and what should I put it at?

And where on the ram can I see the part number? I see a lot of codes on it.

Neither your CPU or motherboard list 1066 MHz as being officially supported. You'd have to overclock your system to be able to run the memory at that speed.

Your buddy does not have the same motherboard. Your motherboard doesn't support Intel processors.

Archived