Corsair Community

Hi from a new X64 user

Davyc

Hi, thought I'd just introduce myself and say that I'm expecting my new X64 tomorrow and looking forward to a new era of computing with a solid and reliable drive (read the reviews, all positive) with the knowledge that if I need help and support it's here :)

Already use Corsair memory and it's blinding - if the SSD's are the same then you probably won't see much of me here lol

Thanks for the welcome ..... my X64 has arrived, but I'm holding off installing it until my Win 7 Pro arrives - too much hassle to install RC1 and then do a fresh re-install later lol

I got my X64 at a fantastic price from http://www.morecomputers.com (at least £40 less than other retailers) and if they hold that price I think I'll get a few more. One quick question for you Ram Guy .... what raid type would be best for say 3 of these beauties? Raid 0 or Raid 5?

Depends if you want speed or data backup.

Hi Wired, nice to meet you - I'm a total novice when it comes to Raid, never used it, never tried it but recall some people saying that Raid 5 is more secure for data. I would like to see the Raid sit somewhere between the two, fast but secure .... maybe I can't have my cake and eat it lol, but in the main the Raid array would be for OS and programs - data backup would be on a slow-coach Samsung 1TB Spinpoint (not sure whether to mount this internally or externally using eSata).

Would love some solid, clear and sound advice :)

WoW!! That really cleared the air of mystery - thank you so much Wired for the re-direction; I'll have to go through it all in detail when I have more time, but you have certainly given me food for thought and opened a few doors that I can see myself walking through.

Archived