Corsair Community

Can't install Vista or 7 onto X64 (CMFSSD-64D1)

nzlpablo

Hiya,

Just got this drive. When it comes to picking which drive to install the OS on during Vista/7 setup, it just says "No drives found". There is an option to load "Mass Storage Drivers" but I have no idea what they would be, and there's no drivers for this SSD on Corsair's site.

My BIOS sees the drive. I can also see and use the drive when booting off a 7200RPM drive in the same PC.

Have also tried AHCI (sp?) mode, and 3 different SATA ports on my mobo, no difference.

I know the drive is good because the shop used it to install 7 onto prior to me getting it.

Motherboard compatibility problem perhaps?

Hiya,

Just got this drive. When it comes to picking which drive to install the OS on during Vista/7 setup, it just says "No drives found". There is an option to load "Mass Storage Drivers" but I have no idea what they would be, and there's no drivers for this SSD on Corsair's site.

My BIOS sees the drive. I can also see and use the drive when booting off a 7200RPM drive in the same PC.

Have also tried AHCI (sp?) mode, and 3 different SATA ports on my mobo, no difference.

I know the drive is good because the shop used it to install 7 onto prior to me getting it.

Motherboard compatibility problem perhaps?

You need to load the drivers for your sata controller during the install. You can get these via your motherboard drivers cd, or your motherboard's website if you don't have that.

After you load the drivers, you may see the drives show up, but still have the installation say "Windows cannot be installed onto this drive." Simply remove the cd you inserted, replace the Windows disc back into the drive, and hit refresh. That should do it!

Don't forget to set a page file when windows is done installing.

Ok so tried the storage controller drivers on the cd, no go.

dl'ed the latest win7 drivers from asus, no go.

unticked the "hide drivers that are not compatible blah blah" and installing anything with the word "storage" in it, no go so far...

Am i supposed to be in AHCI mode when trying all this?

• Corsair Employees

We have used that MB in extensive testing with our SSD drives and not had a problem. But normally we use the Chipset S-ATA controller and set it to AHCI mode, so make sure that you did not have RAID enabled for the controller.

Is this the MB you have in your list? And what S-ATA port are you using?

Also do you have a MSDN Membership? If so go get the final released version.

We have used that MB in extensive testing with our SSD drives and not had a problem. But normally we use the Chipset S-ATA controller and set it to AHCI mode, so make sure that you did not have RAID enabled for the controller.

Is this the MB you have in your list? And what S-ATA port are you using?

Also do you have a MSDN Membership? If so go get the final released version.

Tried all drivers with the word "SATA" or "controller" in them both in AHCI and SATA mode (not RAID).

Yes this is the Asus P6T Deluxe V2. Not at home atm but I can tell you that I tried 3 SATA ports...two from ports 1-4, and one from ports 5-6 (assuming that if this board has a 4+2 controller, that would have hit both of them).

Pretty sure I have the latest Win7 build, even if I don't I've seen RC1 installed on this SSD without any issues or drivers needed. I'm also having the same trouble with Vista x64 Home Premium full retail DVD.

It's gotta be a rogue BIOS setting or something like that.

So the pain and suffering continue :(

Having much the same issues with a P7P55D Pro, although I did get the drive to appear in the Windows Setup program in AHCI mode after installing the intel storage manager driver, but it appears as a 180GB drive, won't let me delete/format, only the "new" option is available but that just returns an error message....Grrrr.

Archived