Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 4 gb installs software/drivers?

ctien476

My network administrator had recently made it impossible for users to install any software onto our workplace lap tops. This was the reason the tech support for my company stated that my work place lap top will not recognize the Flash Voyager 4 gb. Does the Flash Voyager 4 gb install any software or drivers onto a computer? My personal computer at home does recognize the same usb driver automatically. Also, before my employer's network administrator made the new rule, the same usb driver was recognized by my work place lap top.

You can lock down USB for storage devices only and not for other items, e.g. keyboard, mouse, microphone, headsets, etc.

The blue light just means it's getting electricity and is connecting to a certain extent hardware wise, but the OS is blocking data communication.

The tech guy did say that if I had an older usb drive that doesn't install software it might work on the usb, however I don't have an older one. If that was the case, then I am assuming they didn't close off the usb port to usb drives. Will formatting the flash voyager help to get it recognized?

I meant my company's internal tech support. Basically, he wrote on an email stating that the newer usb drives install software into the system and that some older usb drives don't therefore, those older models can work according to this new policy. So, if you say the flash voyager doesn't install any software then according to his reasoning it should be recognized. I just think he is too lazy to fix it.

• Corsair Employees
Try using the flash drive on a unlock computer maybe at your home or a friends house. If it detects it without any issues then I would suggest to talk to your tech support guy from work to help fix the issue as it would be an indication with that computer. =)

Archived