Corsair Community

no beeps at POST - can I test PSU before giving up on it?

jwr_vt

I have already returned my MoBo and Intel CPU when I got no beeps at POST, to no avail. Are there som simple voltage readings I can test to verify if my TX750w (USA) is healthy or not? I have an AS in electronics, so I know how to use a volt meter.

Thanks,

Jim

Jwr, I easily found a 24-pin out just "googling" around for the connector.You can buy a P/S tester on Amazon for around $11.00, different LED's will light up when power or ground is present. Just go th Amazon and do a search for 24-pin connector tester

http://pinouts.ru type ATX12V 2.0 into the search and you will be directed to a link,click on the link.

I'm trying to debug a possible PSU problem by measuring voltages on the 24 connector, but the PSU in not turning on unless it is plugged into the MoBo. Any tricks to getting the PSU to fire up with the 24 pin connector unplugged?

Thanks!

jwr, I wanted to test my 6 push/pull radiator fans and my other 7 case fans so I just used a free molex cable off my TX850 that was running another P/C. The P/S was running the server just fine and did not even notice the molex cable was powering up fans on another PC. Electricity is like that,it did not care its resources were being used for a neighbor P/C.

This 4U server case is so large I can fit a full ATX boad init and a 6.75X6.75 mico board (like a Intel Atom) and I believe I could power everything of the same TX 850.

My P/S are not modified in any way that make them look different,it all how you cable the outputs.

I need to get a Atom board and see how the power plug is set up. Several come with P/S's in the 90W range.

Archived