Corsair Community

Any ETA on CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 ?

jdb2

Hello. I've just bought the components for a new system ( Phenom II X4 965 BE + Asus M4A79T Deluxe ) but I've been holding off on buying the RAM, which means that my new system is a huge paperweight until I buy said RAM.

Specifically, it was announced on the 8th of July that Corsair would be producing ultra-low-latency DOMINATOR-GT modules specifically optimized for AMD Phenom II systems; At the time it was said that these kits would be available in about 2 weeks. Well, now it's almost September and the product page on Corsair's online store still says "Not In Stock/Coming Soon" . What gives?

Is Corsair having QA problems with the RAM chips which are delaying the launch of the modules, or will this product be canceled altogether?

I need to know because I plan on buying 2 kits ( 8GB ) when they're released but if Corsair is not releasing them anytime soon then I'll have to go with another brand to get my system up and running -- I don't want to wait until every component I've bought is obsolete.

Might someone have some info on this situation?

Thanks,

jdb2

• 3 weeks later...

Several days ago I called Corsair corporate headquarters with the intention of finding out what the problem ( if any ) was with regards to the RAM in question still having a "coming soon!" status. I got a support rep and she told me that I'd have to ask the person that managed the online web store, so she took a message and said he would call me back shortly. Well, I waited all day and received no call. So, I call the next day, get the same rep, and explain that I did not receive a call upon which she apologized, took a message --again-- , and told me that the previously mentioned person would call me back soon. Well, no call. I've even e-mailed customer support via the web form but I've yet to receive a reply from them.

This is horrible customer service, especially for someone who is waiting on an ( apparently ) unreleased product and who intends to buy 2 kits, which will probably cost ~$700 .

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that but we do not have ETA's on new parts so there would have been nothing he could have told you. We did just get two containers in today but I don't expect all of the product to be fully in the system till next week. And we would have to wait to see what we got.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also interested on buing two kits of this memory for my Rampage Extreme,but it is still not available at the online store.So,nobody can tell us when this kit will be available?

I also plan on buing 8gb for the 64bit edition of Windows Seven,but i need to know,will it be released shortly or not? Cause otherwise i will have to buy another brand,although i prefer Corsair.

Ok,i understand that,but the problem is that there is no ETA for this memory.It is more than a month now and it is still not in stock at the online store.I am willing to pay enough money for this memory,but will it be ever released? That's the real problem and i am sure there are many people interested also in this memory.:cool:

That part has been shipping but in small quantities and if your reseller has not pre ordered it for you it may take some time before it is abundantly available.

I don't see how that can be with regards to what is said on Corsair's Dominator GT product page :

"* Available only at the Online Corsair GT Performance Shop"

where the part number in question is marked :

"CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 *"

Also, I have not been able to find this part *anywhere* on the web.

That is, searching for "CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 cart" in Google only generates 33 hits, most of which are redundant, and all ( when I last checked ) of which are obscure non-U.S. domains none of which have the part in stock.

jdb2

• Corsair Employees

Then I would suggest you order it from our on-line store and they will notify you when it is available. Like I said you may not see in in retail for some time.

But any reseller who sells our modules can order any part we make.

Then I would suggest you order it from our on-line store and they will notify you when it is available. Like I said you may not see in in retail for some time.

Well, according to the product page, the on-line store is the *only* place I can get it. And, I *would* (pre)order it but if you click on the "More Information" link for the CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 part on the on-line store front page you get :

"Not In Stock/Coming Soon"

and similarly if you click on the "Buy Now" link from the Dominator GT product page.

If there's a way to buy this item, please let me know.

jdb2

You have to register for the part and the orders are filled on a first come first serve basis.

What do you mean by "register"? If you mean signing up to be notified by e-mail when the part becomes available then I've been "registered" since the part was announced in July, with 2 e-mail addresses at that.

If you mean something else, could you please explain further? I am greatly interested in obtaining this memory.

jdb2

Can we at least know if this memory (CMG4GX3M2A1600C6) will be ever released or not ? Ι will be upgrading to Windows 7 in a few days and i would like to know,since i am also interested for this part.Of course i have registered at the online store,but it's been a long time and there is no information available,whether this part will be ever released or not.

I don't mind waiting some time,but it would be good to know from someone working for Corsair,if they plan to ever release that part.:cool:

• 6 months later...

Please explain how you "Just Register" ? as i wish to be on this so called "waiting list" to buy some.

As this appears to be "Not In Stock/Coming Soon" a year after release ?

Corsair = -1 Rep in my books because of the lack of information on WHY this product is so hard to get hold of... apart from the excuse "we get small bits of this and that"...

Please explain how you "Just Register" ? as i wish to be on this so called "waiting list" to buy some.

As this appears to be "Not In Stock/Coming Soon" a year after release ?

Corsair = -1 Rep in my books because of the lack of information on WHY this product is so hard to get hold of... apart from the excuse "we get small bits of this and that"...

I don't know about anyone else but I had to call the number and extension suggested by RAM GUY sometime between 10/23/2009/ and 10/27/2009 ( can't remember the exact date ) and have a special one-time "order window" for 2 kits set up at the Web store after which I immediately added the items to my cart and checked out. After that it took about a week or two for the (pre-)order to ship as Corsair was out-of-stock and my order was flagged as the highest priority with regards to incoming stock.

It's been months now and I've been running 8GB stably at 7-7-7-21 timings with few, if any, issues.

Hope this helps,

jdb2

No that is all you need to do and I am sorry I do not have any answers for you, please call in and talk to them directly 510-657-8747 Ext "3" and they will be able to help you.

Found this hope they can give some answers... Shall be phoning when i can

Hopefully 2 kits on order soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet after all this time your store still shows CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 out of stock/coming soon.. :mad:

Yet after all this time your store still shows CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 out of stock/coming soon.. :mad:

See my previous post and those that follow on how to obtain the RAM.

Regards,

jdb2

I did see your post but I am wondering why it's been over a year and it's still in such short supply. I can't even find online vendors anywhere selling it.. not even ebay.

I don't want to pay almost $400 for something and then wait for months to get it..

I don't want to pay almost $400 for something and then wait for months to get it..

If my case is any example, I payed over $700 up front and got the RAM in under 2 weeks. Also, you could always cancel your order if it looks like it's going to take too long.

Since I have a large dollar investment in my current memory I'm not buying another 8 gigs anytime soon but if you have an AMD 1090T processor with an 890FX chipset motherboard you might be interested in the fact that Corsair got their Dominator GTX4 Memory up to 2287.6 MHz on this platform. More importantly, as far as I know this memory is immediately available, at least from Corsair's online store.

Regards,

jdb2

Archived