Corsair Community

BSOD Galore!

fasutron

Hello all,

I've had my system (see specs) for about 5 months and have been plagued with ongoing BSODs in Windows XP. The BSODs are typically PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. In some cases my computer would fail to boot and die while XP was loading.

Various software dies, typically Firefox and Thunderbird, with a BSOD to follow, typically within 15 minutes. The BSOD comes at no time in particular -- there doesn't seem to be a pattern of what kicks it off.

In some cases, the IRQL_ error can come from an overheated CPU, but mine seems to be okay.

My previous RAM was defective, as per a test by Memtest86+, so I sent it in. I would run memtest after a system crash and get errors. I am no longer getting errors (though I am only running 1 or 2 passes, because I have to get work done), but the symptoms persist. RAM seems to be the prime suspect in most of the reading I've done...

I just put in a 2gb stick of lower end RAM and will test the machine for the next two days.

Any ideas what may be causing this or what I can do? Have there been any known compatibility errors between my motherboard and Corsair RAM?

Thanks

jason

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS version installed and then go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and run http://www.memtest.org on the system at least 305 Passes and let me know the results, you can set it up when you go to sleep and let it run over night. But if you do noty get errors but still get that error I would suspect some other cause.

Hello,

Since replacing my dominator RAM with a 2 GB stick my system has been 100% stable and hasn't crashed. My guess is the problem is the RAM... I've already had it replaced by RMA. Perhaps this pair is also defective?

Are there any known compatibility issues with the dominator ram and my particular motherboard?

Thanks and take care

jason

Archived