Corsair Community

K8V Deluxe Compatibility

classof84rules

I simply want to know what the best thing I can get for my machine is! I checked out Corsair's guide to memory and found the recomended ram types for my mobo. TWINX1024-3200C2 TWINX1024-3200LL These memory sticks are dual channel? no? According to other research the Asus K8V Deluxe is NOT compatible with dual-channel ram. I hope I'm wrong, the ram looks gorgeous! If i were to choose one of the ram types above.... which one should i go with? Additionally, If I put in some new RAM would that mean I have to take out my old 256mb stick, because it's probably slower? Thanks for your help! Let me know if you need specifics on something.

Welcome to the forums, classof84rules! Please read [url=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114837#post114837]this thread[/url] to familiarize yourself with what dual-channel really means. No, your mainboard doesn't support dual-channel, but since it's not a property of the memory, that's irrelevant. Either of those kits ([i]unbuffered, non-ECC[/i]) will work fine for you, but the LL version is ever-so-slightly faster with a RAS Precharge of 2 instead of the C2's RAS Precharge of 3. As for your old module, find some other use for it and don't mix it with the XMS modules in that board ([i]or any other board[/i]) as you'll either lose a lot of performance or be really unstable ([i]or both[/i]). PLUR CK

Archived