Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L + TWIN2X4096-8500C5C G

Lai2k

Hi,

I bought the Corsair XMS2 Twin2X4096-8500C5C G from newegg.com and installed each stick into slot 1 and 3, respectively, into my Gigabyte p35-DS3L motherboard today. On boot up, I set memory timings in the BIOS at 5-6-6-18, with 2.1v. I also checked to make sure it was running at 1066mhz speeds.

With these sticks, I get blue screens, lockups, and then reboot to POST. I am unable to load even to Vista. Memtest fails at 7%, and then freezes. With slower settings, memtest will reboot the system..

I was upgrading from Corsair XMS2 Twin2x2048-8500C sticks, and they run 5-5-5-15, 2.1v, 1066mhz speeds fine, passing memtest and prime95 for over 12hrs+.

I tinkered around with the settings, and I got the memory to boot, and is running prime95 for over 2hrs+ (and still working, as of the time of this writing). It is running at 5-6-6-18, v2.1, 938mhz.

Is there anything I can do to make it run at advertised speeds? I really dont want to go through the hassle of returning it. I like corsair, and this is the first time I had so much trouble with your ram from you guys.

Thanks for listening!

• Corsair Employees
Did you install just the new set modules and then load setup defaults and set the tested settings manually IE DDR1066 at 2.1 Volts at Cas 5-5-5-15? If you did not try that I would suggest giving it a try and you can run CPU-Z and look in the SPD tab to see what is set in the modules SPD.

Archived