Corsair Community

Advice on timing setting - NewB

rginn

Hi,

I am using 2x 2048 - pc2-8500 c5 sticks. My mem ddr freq is 1053.

I have had some issues with stability during my OC but have found that my problems have gone away now that I have relaxed the timings. Although I currently have stability, my timings were just a guess by reading in some forums. My original timings were 5-5-5-15 @2.1 volts. When I went to

6-6-6-18 @1.9, I gained stability. Now I would like to creep them up a bit if I can.

I was wondering is if someone could provide me some timing suggestions to tighten these up until I lose stability. I am just not confident nor knowledgeable enough to provide a good engineering approach to this. I do wish to get the best possible performance, but not sure of the numbers to try.

Regards

BG

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell us the make and model of MB and the CPU you have installed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell us the make and model of MB and the CPU you have installed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi, Thank you for the quick response!

Striker II Formula (I know, bad choice)

bios: 2102 - CPU: qx9650 - running currently @ 3.75 ghz

Bios Settings:

Linked 3:2 @1580

Mult: 9.5

Virtualization Tech: Disabled

SpeedStep: Disabled

C1E: Disabled

LoadLine: Enabled

CPU Volts: 1.39375

All other volts are "Auto"

Mem Volts applied when viewing Everest is 1.9

I apologize if I did not provide enough info. Please let me know.

Regards

BG

• Corsair Employees
I would need the exact settings you have set in the BIOS not what is shown in an application and that looks like you are over clocking the CPU to almost 400 MHz and if so that is normal you may not be able to get the memory up to full speed because of loading on the memory controller.

Archived