Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX timings

Summer-Boy

Hi there,

I am trying to find settings for my system and TW3X4G1333C9DHX G, it is the kit with 2GB each.

The board accepts those with auto and show the 4GB as Unganged, not sure whether it should also show as Dual Channel because they are in the right slots.

Now MemTest 2.11 is producing weird results: Showing DDR1 with 1068 and strange timings (forgot to write them down, its 2.30 am and I am close to tilt on this, lol).

Have I brought wrong memory for that board?

Thanks for any hint.

Gigabyte has the CM3X1024-1333C9DHX listed for the motherboard. Since the TW3X Kit contains the CM3X2048-1333C9DHX I was assuming it would be ok to get those.

Printed on the modules is "XMS3-1333 2048MB 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1.50V ver8.1 09310518"

I usually test the modules with MemTest prior install, so the command rates shown in the bios are ok and its just MemTest failing?

What test are you getting errors on and what version of memtest are you using?

I am using Memtest86 Ver. 2.11

I haven't had it run fully because this is what it shows (I removed one module to see a difference, but its the same):

Memory: 2048 9523 MB/S

Chipset: AMD K8

Settings RAM 590 MHz (DDR 1038) CAS 2.5-1-3-5 DDR-1 (128 bits).

I was afraid to have Memtest run completely, because of those numbers. DDR configuration in bios is on Auto showing the 9-9-9-24 though.

• Corsair Employees
Settings RAM 590 MHz (DDR 1038) CAS 2.5-1-3-5 DDR-1 (128 bits)

That does not make any sense 590 MHz on the memory would be DDR1180 and way above spec for that part. I would try and set the memory frequency and Voltage manually.

That does not make any sense 590 MHz on the memory would be DDR1180 and way above spec for that part. I would try and set the memory frequency and Voltage manually.

Well, I am glad we agree about that part.

I have installed the machine and those are the readings from cpu-z at the moment.

http://s3.directupload.net/images/user/090903/temp/4xqpbm72.jpg http://s1.directupload.net/images/user/090903/temp/mxk32cqp.jpg

Bios is all set to auto the CR shows 1T though. I have changed to manual settings, it showed 2T, saving those, now shows the 2T for CR correctly. However Memtest still reads the same wrong settings.

For voltage I have a DRam Voltage Control setting starting at 1,600 and a DDR VTT Voltage Setting starting at 0,900. Those are set to auto as well, as I am afraid to play around with voltage really due to lack of knowledge and experience with this.

Could this be the errounous part of it seeing the modules are labeled with 1,5 V? Maybe any suggestions to what to set those voltages maybe though apparently I cannot set to lower than 1,6?

That shows they are DDR1333 and run at DDR1333 and I am sorry I do not see what the problem is? Is the system stable?

From what I see at the moment yes. Though I haven't done much but internet, installing all software that's needed and else.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that the modules are running faulty, blame it on me not being a native speaker :).

I am basically trying to find the information for those "mishaps" maybe? Though the senseless memtest readings somehow bug me, but if the modules run, I can get over it, lol.

Would you say the 1T on Bios settings "Auto" be wrong or leave it better to the manual 2T?

• Corsair Employees
Would you say the 1T on Bios settings "Auto" be wrong or leave it better to the manual 2T?

That is up to you it will give better performance at 1T so if its stable leave it there but if its not then try it at 2T.

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependent on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this/those setting /'s up on the BIOS Optimization Guide at Techarp and get a better explanation.

And that is not uncommon with these newer chipsets some software miss reporting settings and or running speeds I would not worry to much about it as long as its stable.

Archived