Corsair Community

More issues TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Runyak

I sent in a tech support form on monday and still have not got any response. Ive lost my case number and password due to having to reinstall windows due to memory problems. I was under the impression that Corsair had good support but it looks like I may be wrong. Maybe I can get help here.

I have a pair of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF and was running them fine at 5 5 5 15 T2 @ 2.1 volts for about a week. They are only about a week and a half old. Then out of the blue I started getting random BSODs. I tested them in memtest and they failed together. I plucked them out and tested them one by one @ auto setting/volts (volts auto at 1.8) and they passed. When I set them to 5 5 5 15 T2 2.1 volts, I cant boot. When set to auto timings (CPU-Z says 5 7 7 24) and 2.1 volts the system seems to run fine (although I have yet to memtest themn at those timings). Could my RAM be bad? Is there a way to check the memory controller to see if thats an issue?

This is my second pair of Dominators that are failing at advertised speed.

Thats odd. Ive never heard that. Ive seen loads of people with my board/cpu with the non-beta bios' working just fine. You will notice in my original post that I tested them one by one. Why then would they all of the sudden stop working at 5 5 5 15 2.1v @ 1066? When I test them, should they be tested at 1066 or at 800?

Thats odd. Ive never heard that. Ive seen loads of people with my board/cpu with the non-beta bios' working just fine. You will notice in my original post that I tested them one by one. Why then would they all of the sudden stop working at 5 5 5 15 2.1v @ 1066? When I test them, should they be tested at 1066 or at 800?

Test at both and be sure to test each module individually. Keep in mind that even though the MOBO and CPU/IMC maker list 1066 support, these combinations are not consistently good at doing it.

Im testing them one by one right now @ 5 5 5 15 2.1v but memtest is telling me they are at

5-3-3-3-31. Is that normal? They passed at 800 2.1v....

Woah. Massive fail. @1066 with one stick. Going to test the other now.

Sometimes Memtest displays the timings incorrectly. Make sure you are using version 2.11 from http://www.memtest.org

Also, just to be thorough, test them individually at 800. Since it appears your system is not capable of running the memory at 1066 but they test fine at 800, it could be the memory controller on your CPU not liking 1066.

Im using 2.11. Im testing the other stick now @ 1066 and after one and a half passes everything is ok. Not saying that they wont fail before 20 passes but the other stick started failing after about two minutes like crazy. I have ran these sticks @ 1066 with no issues before. How is the memory controller on the Phenom tested if suspected of being a bit dodggy?

Archived