Corsair Community

k8v + TWINX1024 3200LL won't go at 2:1

starmarky

Hello. My configuration ist Asus k8v se deluxe Athlon64 3400+ TWINX1024 3200LL 2x WinXP pro Everything runs well with the usual 2-3-2... timings (set by spd). No crashes. I've manually set the FSB:DDR timing to 2:1 for DDR400. Now this value is correctly displayed in BIOS. But: A memory test with sisoft sandra shows only 75% possible memory performance. The benchmark-result is about 2500 points (there should be at least 3100). Z-CPU displays a 1:1 ratio! :eek: I am a bit confused now. Do I have a memory speed with only 200 MHz or is it a problem with the benchmarks or am I totally wrong with my suggestions? Where is the mistake? :confused: Thank you in advance! Mark Germany

[quote name='starmarky']Hello. My configuration ist Asus k8v se deluxe Athlon64 3400+ TWINX1024 3200LL 2x WinXP pro Everything runs well with the usual 2-3-2... timings (set by spd). No crashes. I've manually set the FSB:DDR timing to 2:1 for DDR400. Now this value is correctly displayed in BIOS. But: A memory test with sisoft sandra shows only 75% possible memory performance. The benchmark-result is about 2500 points (there should be at least 3100). Z-CPU displays a 1:1 ratio! :eek: I am a bit confused now. Do I have a memory speed with only 200 MHz or is it a problem with the benchmarks or am I totally wrong with my suggestions? Where is the mistake? :confused: Thank you in forward! Mark Germany[/QUOTE] HI Mark, which one cpu core do you have? (Run cpu-Z and look at "revision"...)

No 1:1 is correct , DDR400 is from a 200 FSB. Now ive never matched the scores in sisoft sandra but i have other programs installed and dont use my machine solely for benchmarking. Try AIDA32 and post your read and write scores, im sure youll find that actually all is fine. Rob

[quote name='Robolf']No 1:1 is correct , DDR400 is from a 200 FSB. Now ive never matched the scores in sisoft sandra but i have other programs installed and dont use my machine solely for benchmarking. Try AIDA32 and post your read and write scores, im sure youll find that actually all is fine. Rob[/QUOTE] You make me confident, thank you! I've tried Aida32: read 3077, write 1218. Is this ok for my system? I pushed the FSB up to 210 MHz, so the CPU runs at 2310. :sunglasse @RickyItaly: The revision of my Athlon is SH7-CG.

Nice scores, yes your in the ballpark, ive never found sandra to give particularly good scores on a machine that inst just used for benchmarking. Dont worry im sure your games run really well too. Ive just got my 3200 C2 back and ive got 2092 and 1230 at 2-2-2-6, which is exceptional timings for this Ram on this board, and your beating it !!! You can always see if setting the TRCD to 2 (if it will pass memtest of course) would improve your write score, im working on providing a full testing chart of AIDA32 scores on this board at all timings to show % differances so hopefully soon i can give people something to guide them as far as settings go on this board with this Ram. Rob

Archived