Corsair Community

Corsair Supported Way to "Mod Away" my +2 on my PCI-E 6+2 Connectors

dugn

My clean, white/black themed case design is working well - including the stock 1000HX modular cables.

But the Dual graphics cards only need the 6 pin plug from the 6+2 PCI-E cables. Does Corsair sell replacement modular cables that only have the 6 pins or is there a supported way to 'mod away' the extra two pins to keep my build looking great?

If you can, try to mod the modular PCI-E instead of the fixed PCI-E.

Agreed. I definitely want to mod the modular cable only.

But does Corsair sell a modular that doesn't have the 6+2 configuration, rather just the 6-pin on the component end? If not, I'm tempted to simply snip off and secure/electrically isolate the extra two pins.

Agreed. I definitely want to mod the modular cable only.

But does Corsair sell a modular that doesn't have the 6+2 configuration, rather just the 6-pin on the component end? If not, I'm tempted to simply snip off and secure/electrically isolate the extra two pins.

No, we don't sell a cable like that. I used small black zip ties and tied the +2 attachment back to the main cable. I also did it on the side of the cable away from the case window so it's barely visible unless you really look.

No, we don't sell a cable like that. I used small black zip ties and tied the +2 attachment back to the main cable. I also did it on the side of the cable away from the case window so it's barely visible unless you really look.

Daamn fine idea. Thanks, Yellowbeard. That's what I'll do. I so hate to damage the stuff I buy.

Peter - there aren't really useful pix yet since I'm waiting for the Obsidian case to arrive. Not pictured is the second EVGA GTX 275, Corsair H50 CPU cooler and all of that sleeving I'm about to do...

DSC00878-2.thumb.JPG.eacec501c431914e2bc9625ea15f6a25.JPG

Archived