Corsair Community

HX750W destroys my system

rogue71

Numerous attempts at contacting corsair through their "channels" which is only internal mail which obviously gets trashed, i had to register here to try to get a voice heard by someone that might actually care about customer service and quality of corsair products.

ive been building systems for over 18 years so i do know what im doing, even though its pretty darn hard to screw up a psu installation.

i got a nice deal on a new hx750 psu to go with a new video card. installed psu and everything semed fine for about 15 mins. system goes dead. attempted a restart... plumes of smoke from inside the case. tested psu with tester....dead.

ok fine it happens but i was worried about the smoke. plug in spare psu with nothing else attached to the board....dead. get a new motherboard and get a replacement psu ( opted for the hx620 as i now have no faith in these new hx professional series psus) found cpu and ram was fine. found more bad news. dvd burner, 2 hard drives and sound card all dead.

speaking with numerous suppliers in the area they all advised me to contact corsair customer service as this is just not acceptable.

corsair hx750 serial number:00192809207187

purchased through pccyber in ottawa.

i understand that psus are not perfect. things happen. fine. psus can go dead. fine. BUT THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTION WITHIN THE PSU TO PREVENT THESE THINGS FROM HAPPENING. THERE IS NO WAY A PSU SHOULD OVERLOAD ANY POWER LINES. INTERNAL CUTOFFS SHOULD PREVENT THIS. i expect shoddy workmanship from cheap equipment which is why i buy higher end gear. this is just not acceptable. im out approimately $650 because of one of your psus that was FAULTY. your website has no direct email contacts and both my internal emails have gone unanswered. i want to know what your company is going to do about this.

What "channels" are you talking about? Please clarify how you were trying to get in contact with them.

going through the website trying to get email through to customer service your only option that i can find through the faq is "if your question isnt covered here" then they have a form you fill out with your problem. i was hoping to at least get a name of someone that can actually do something before making a phone call. ive dealt with customer service support lines alot and most of them are a pain to get anyone that can actually help with a special problem that isnt reading from a flowchart in a book, so you end up getting the runaround. i was just trying to eleveate this.

so far as i can tell there really i ony 2 ways to contact corsair. either phone or the form from the faq. i called it "channels" because alot of companies i have dealt with have email addresses displayed in their website for different persons in charge of departments. having limited contact options is just ridiculous imo.

sounds like i will have to start making calls then......

to be fair i wanted to update this thread.

today i contacted corsair. after explaining my problem to customer service then tech support, my call was returned by corsair tech support manager and was told the psu would have to be tracked so they could have a look at it. i was told i would probably need to send in my blown stuff eventually so to hold onto it. no problem. i contacted my retailer and they inturn tracked the psu to their distributor. they informed me that the info reguarding the distributor would be forwarded to the tech support manager to speed up the process of getting this psu looked at by corsair. so we shall see where this leads.....

Thanks for the update rogue71, i did go ahead and buy my own HX750 and so far very happy with it, nice and quiet compared to my old ******** (another branded PSU)

Hope it goes well for you.

All1

good to hear. i really liked the hx750 so im kinda bummed about what happend. so far the hx620 i used instead is running just fine.

• 1 month later...

as of Oct. 16/2009

just confirmed with retailer, who in turn contacted their distributor, that the psu was shipped to corsair in california for testing. sure takes an aweful long time to ship a psu. i was told by my retailer that the distributor in question is even located in the US and not canada..... ive contacted service manager 2 times via email and once left a phone message to confirm arrival and to get some sort of an update... but no one has returned any phone calls or emails.

Rogue71, please send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with a link to this thread along with your contact information and RMA number. Put "ATTN: Ramguy" in the subject line and we will get back to you ASAP!

thanks i just did that. subject is hx750 problem. please make sure you read through my email entirely. i know this isnt the usual method of doing things for your company, but so far when i have had contact with the service manager everything has gone quite well. im just hoping to get this resolved asap.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update.....i still havent gotten any confirmation that corsair has received the psu from the distributor, which i was told was shipped no less than 3 weeks ago.......

distributor was given a number to ship it with from corsair.

nothing takes 3 weeks to ship to california.

hey i might have something done by next year......

Archived