Corsair Community

4 memory moduals on Asus P5Q-E board problems

Neil.Robinson

Hi I am a newbie to computer building and have this problem.

I am building a tower system for Photoshop. The computer mainly refuses to boot with the four sticks of memory installed. So far boots every time with 2X 2048 and 1X 1024 sticks of memory.

Thanks in advance for any help. Neil

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0-2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thanks again. I had a go at replacing the extra 1gb module 2x2gb and 2X1gb. I did not get your suggested setting correct and it failed. I have now printed out your suggested settings and Will try again in the morning it is now midnight here. I may change the 2 X1gb modules for 2X2gb before I do. One more thing as I live in the UK is there a good time to contact tech support and is it done on line? Cheers Neil

Hi Ram Guy and Wired.

Just some feedback, I now have 8Gb of memory installed two sets of 4gb Corsair Dominator PC8500 DDR2. Motherboard is an ASUS P5Q-E with an Intel Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 4 hard drives, 2 DVD writers and 1 ATI 3800 series video card. My PSU is only a 450W, a few years old now originally a top of the range PSU but I fear now a little under powered. I intend to get a 600W ModXStream PRO. All the bios settings are set at this time to the auto settings, at this stage it is stable MB temperature is 39 Celsius and the CPU is about 26 C at rest.

I am now feeling all of my seventy two years of age after all the problems getting the system stable. Cheers Neil.

Archived