Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R + TWIN2X4096-8500C5C G

Vertigo3

I bought a set of TWIN2X4096-8500C5C G, for my new setup. Since I don't know much about overclocking and stuff, I thought to go for the PC8500 instead of overclocking my old PC6400 modules. I installed the memory and so far no problem. Everything started fine. While playing a game (TF2) my problem started. Got some BSOD's, restarts, errors and so on. Never had these problems so it would be my new videocard or memory. Re-installed all the drivers, videocard was no the problem.

Started Prime95, got errors in like 5 minutes. Thought I had to go memtest86+, so dl'ed it and burned a memtest86+ cd. Inserted the cd and got som fine errors in Test #5. I thought the problem was in the memory so I DOA'ed them and got a new set. BUT now the same problem starts again.

I tried to run the modules on 5-5-5-18 PC8500 (1066mhz) with +0.3V. My PC didn't even want to show me the bios screen. Reset the PC so it got back to default. I now run the modules back on 5-5-5-18 PC6400. It runs fine and so on, memtest86+ didnt give like 100k of errors BUT I'd like to run them to PC8500 if that is possible.

What did I do wrong? Do I have to overclock my CPU too or something? I bought PC8500 modules so it's a bit strange to run them on PC6400.

I hope someone can help me with this problem. As said, I don't know much about overclocking, the only thing I once did is years and years ago with my Pentium3 800Mhz, in the meantime I didn't overclock anything, just bought better stuff.

I flashed the bios to the latest (a beta one) on default and 0.3volt. Still the same errors on test #5 in memtest86+. I tested them one at the time and got errors on 1 of the modules, just like before with the previous modules... Could this module be DOA too again? Or is it something with my mobo?

I'm running them on 800mhz 5-5-5-18 (1.8v) again and no errors, on none of the modules. 1066mhz just gives me the errors...

• 6 months later...

Hello RAMGUY & Vertigo3

I have just purchased Corsair TWIN2x4096-8500c5c G memory for my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R and I am experiencing exactly the same problems as Vertigo3.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me if the outcome was ever resolved with the memory compatibility with this specific MB.

My Windows 7 Operating System has completely packed in due to a system crash and I need to reinstall. (using a friends PC at the moment just incase you wondered).

I have not been able to get a stable system since installing this memory.

I used to have CM2x1024-6400C, (2GB) and my system was rock solid.

And help would be fantastic.

Many thanks

Kev

Archived