Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D stability issues

Coldwar55

Hi,

I have bought the above memory from newegg I went with corsair because I have always loved the quality.

However I am not able to get it working properly with my motherboard. I have tried manually setting everything but I can not for the life of me get these sticks of memory stable. Here's what I did:

Second what I have done and the problem:

I have manually set the timings to 5-5-5-15-2T at 2.1v and my system BSODs and restarts in Windows Vista and XP x64 (So it can't be an OS issue).

I have set the DRAM frequency back down to 800 mhz from 1066 and it BSODs on me at random times.

I have not overclocked my processor so it is running at stock speeds (CPU is not overheating either).

I have run memtest on each of the sticks and they pass fine. Since this is out of the 30 day return policy from newegg (about 1 week over) I am considering sucking up the cost and buying ******** sticks because I don't want to return these two Corsair for new ones and I still have a problem that I can't even find.

Yes and I have flashed the bios to the most recent version.

Thank you

-Coldwar55

Sorry to double post but I'm very disappointed. After running at DRAM frequency 800 mhz for a couple of days I wake up to the ntkernel missing from Vista. This is a legit copy because I got it from my college (NJIT). In the process of trying to repair it I got frequent blue screens (Said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) and random restarts.

I'm debating whether I should RMA these sticks or just buy another brand. Biggest waste of 92.99 ever as this RAM is even on the QVL and does not run at the listed specs.

• Corsair Employees
That could be the CPU causing that will they run and pass at DDR800? If yes then try setting the CPU to 8 X 266 Mhx with the Memory at DDR800 and the tested settings set manually and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. Or if you like I do not have a problem replacing the modules, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived