Corsair Community

RMA Help on CM2X1024-10000C5D

Need help, forgot where to find the RMA form for 2 kits of RAM. Both kits are CM2X1024-10000C5D. I also was wondering whether or not if I could request REPLACEMENT of the entire Kit and not just the 1 defective module. My computer REFUSES to boot with any of the sticks installed. I have other comments that I will keep to myself in hopes that Corsair will miraculously redeem themselves of this headache.

Well, seeings that all 4 sticks are bad. Both kits being replaced would suffice. As I've only owned them for about a year and a half almost... I don't see how 4 sticks of RAM could just POOF and die. Then again, I just now found out that the memory I was using was incompatible with the motherboard. Or the RAM will NOT perform as suggested on that chipset or that manufacturers board. I'm just curious as to how a memory module would be considered "Incompatible" with a specific motherboard. YAY for not having caught that sooner. Either way, yes, since both kits are DEAD on my system, I would assume that since the kits come with lifetime warranties (correct me if I'm wrong) they should get replaced.

I'll explain the list of things I've done to correct this issue below:

1.) Reset / CLR BIOS. - Result - Still won't post.

2.) Removed and tested stick by stick. - Result - No Post.

3.) Tested the individual sticks in a different slot (A0-B0, A0-A1, A0-B1) - Result - No Post.

4.) Tested in a different motherboard - Result - No Post.

5.) Flashed BIOS on current board tested methods of 1-3 - Result - No Post.

Anyhow, when it does post, it gets to the memory count starts counting and resets. Or it locks up on the memory count. Maybe the RAM overheated too much, I don't know. All I know is that the RAM (All 4 sticks) are DEAD... with a CAPITAL D-E-A-D. I just spoke to customer service and tech support however and they are adding the other 2GB to my list. My old RMA # now has 4 sticks instead of 2. They are sending me the 8500 4GB kits in exchange. I'll miss the speed, but I'll double my total RAM. So, I'm satisfied with it. Any suggestions with this new 8500 stuff? I don't like tuning the RAM as last RAM I screwed with "blue smoked" in seconds. So I choose not to screw with timings, voltage, etc. anymore.

I think they are incompatible by looking up the Memory types that are compatible with my motherboard. Also referencing my motherboard's manual (YES I READ THOSE LIKE LITERATURE!) it didn't state those models in the list of compatible memory.

Link of that place: What Corsair Module or Modules will work with my MB?

Archived