Corsair Community

HX1000W installation - no cord for P_W_R FAN

viking1972

Hello

I have just replaced my dead Chill Innovation CP-520A2 520W with the Corsair HX1000W.

During the replacement i noticed that there wasn't a cord (with 3-pins) for my P_W_R FAN on my mobo (my motherboard is a ASUS A8V-E SE)

My previous PSU had a seperate cord for the P_W_R FAN connector and now i'm wondering whether or not it's needed ? - as i understand it the purpose of the P_W_R FAN is to regulate the fan speed, however i never tamper with this, so...

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

That P_W_R_FAN pin on the mobo is where I plug my CPU fan in on my both my ASUS M4A79T Deluxe and my ASUS M4A78T-E. Fan speed control is from the ASUS AI program.

I have both Corsair HX 1000W TX 850W. I am perplexed that you seem to be asking for fan speed control from your P/S

OK I see PWR FAN on my mobo. In the manual the labling indicates this would be input from a additional fan controller,not a input from the P/S. Or a output to a discrete fan,the manual is not clear. What is clear is you dont hook-up any cable from you HX1000 here.

I am wondering what fan you either want power up from this connector or control through this connector as the CPU ,Fan1 and Fan2 connectors a controlled by the ASUS AI program

I had my old Enermax hooked up to this connector, all it allowed was to see the PSU fans RPM speed in the BIOS and system monitoring software. I have never seen a PSU that actually allows you to control its fan via this wire (that would probably be bad).

Archived