Corsair Community

P128 question

topsub

Hey,

Not meaning to hijack this thread but i have i think the same issue. I installed a 32 bit os on my brand new system, with the corsair P128 SSD drive. I want to install the 64 bit os that i have now. But when i reboot my machine it doesn't pick up the bootable drive. I have win7 64 bit but its not picking it up. Will in need to wipe my ssd drive to install the 64 bit drive now?

I do have in my bios the cd room before the hard drive.

Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employees

I am not clear on what you are asking???

I would try the Install fresh with the Win7 DVD and see if it detects the drive in the install, if so you may need to delete the drive partition and then let Win 7 create and QUICK Format the drive.

I am not clear on what you are asking???

I would try the Install fresh with the Win7 DVD and see if it detects the drive in the install, if so you may need to delete the drive partition and then let Win 7 create and QUICK Format the drive.

i found the problem, I had 1 power line coming from the psu to the cd drive then to the hard drive. When they both were on the same line it seems the cd drive wasn't getting enough power or something. Once i put another power line from the pus to the hard drive so both the cd bay drive and the hard drive had there own line it worked.

I could then boot the computer with the win 7 cd in the bay and it would boot from cd.

Before when i started the computer with the cd in the drive it would boot from the disk. Seems some kind of power issue.

THen the question is, does the hard drive need more power or was the cd tray taking it all? Some how there wasn't enough power to the cd drive

• Corsair Employees
If there is some data on the SSD - especially when you are using it for the OS - the sped will drop. But anyway this little drop you only will see in the benchmark / it won´t be recognized while working with the system ;):

• Corsair Employees
I am not clear on what you are asking but it is normal for there to be about 10-15% drop in performance when using a Bench mark on the drive when it is the Boot drive. That sounds like how your system is configured if not please let me know and I would test the drive with ATTO or Crystal Disk Bench and post a screen shot.

Archived