Corsair Community

Can't boot with 2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX

Donk85

Hey.. First of all im from denmark, so i dont write english that well. I hope you will understand afterall..

I just bought a new computer, that i had to build myself. I can easily run with the 2gb ram in dual channel, but when i put the other 2gb in dualchannel, my pc boots up and make short beeps..

In the manual it says "Power error" when short beeps.. When i go into the bios again with 2 gb, it says "Boot error, Overclocking error or voltage error" I tried to change the mhz to 667 and 400.. Not working.. Standard is 800 and 2.1V.. I tried to change the timings to 5-5-5-18.. didnt help.. Standard is 4-4-4-12..

And my bios is uptodate..

I really need a experts help.. Will really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time..

- Donk

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hey RAM Guy..

Thank you for the reply..

I did test the 667mhz and it didnt work.. I dont know if i understand the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage..

In the BIOS there is:

MCH Frequency Latch : Options = 200mhz, 266, 333 and 400..

Memory frequency ( Mhz )

MCH Core

MCH Reference

ICH I/O

ICH Core

What is the right one?

and neither the MCH or ICH can go up to 2 volts..

regards

Hey.

I tried all the things you said, and none of them was working.. :(

I tried to switch the RAM blocks with the other two.. and they dont work.. I maybe think the pair of ram is broke.. I tried all the combinations with the second pair, and it just make short beeps.. But when i put the other pair in, it works..

What do you think?

Archived