Corsair Community

Memory problems with ASUS A7N8X

GMac

I have had this board (ASUS A7N8X; not "deluxe", or "L", or "X") for a few years and had no problems with it. Then it started to BSOD many times a day. I thought that the memory may have been bad so I purchased the Value Select memory because it was cited that it would be compatible. I got it in and things got worse. It was BSOD'ing on the Windows splash screen. I thought maybe I had a bug, so I tried to reformat the drive, but it wouldn't finish the installation. Becoming exceedingly frustrated, I purchsed a MB combo and set up a new system. But I haven't given up on the old one ... I would like to get it running again! I ran memtest (albeit not all night) and didn't come up with any errors. I tried setting it up with an old hard drive, but keep running into the BSOD (it will run reasonably well on a boot CD). But I can't get it to run without some type of fault page coming up. I have been offered a RMA but I don't think the RAM is bad. Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employees

Please go to BIOS setup and try these settings

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

DDR Voltage 2.7 Volts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I have had this board (ASUS A7N8X; not "deluxe", or "L", or "X") for a few years and had no problems with it. Then it started to BSOD many times a day. I thought that the memory may have been bad so I purchased the Value Select memory because it was cited that it would be compatible. I got it in and things got worse. It was BSOD'ing on the Windows splash screen. I thought maybe I had a bug, so I tried to reformat the drive, but it wouldn't finish the installation. Becoming exceedingly frustrated, I purchsed a MB combo and set up a new system. But I haven't given up on the old one ... I would like to get it running again! I ran memtest (albeit not all night) and didn't come up with any errors. I tried setting it up with an old hard drive, but keep running into the BSOD (it will run reasonably well on a boot CD). But I can't get it to run without some type of fault page coming up. I have been offered a RMA but I don't think the RAM is bad. Any suggestions?

Did you ever solve your problem? I'm still using the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe I built several years ago and it works great for my needs but I do get occasional Blue Screen crashes and would be interested in any insights you have on the A&N8X. Thanks!

Archived