Corsair Community

HX750W Burn my IDE ??

FloboyFr

Hi,

I have changed my power supply LCPower 700 for an HX750 corsair.

All work well before change (only 1 problem is 14 cm fan of my LCPOwer doesn't work).

After Plug HX750, IDE drive not have power anymore ! ! ! an optical drive IDE too. FAN work on this molex 4 pins.

The HDD SATA and optical SATA work.

I try with LCPower, IDE doesn't work ! ! !

The HX750 have burn my IDE drive AND optical ????

Hi,

I see 2 user who have hardware burning by Power Supply Corsair.

I would like to know if corsair supports reimbursement for equipment destroyed by their power supply when it is used properly (without cable cut, for example 2 IDE device out after installation of the power supply Corsair)?

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Damages to components are often caused by a short somewhere and it is usually hard to trace the source of a short. It is rather unlikely that the PSU caused it (not saying it is not possible) as it has over current/voltage/power orotection, under voltage protection and short circuit protection. I would try to contact the component manufacturer to see if they can replace it for you as most of them don't have a problem doing RMA. You can also contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" to see what options are available.

Archived