Corsair Community

My experience thus far...

dagimp16

So back at the end of July/ begging of August, my set of Dominator GT 1866 c7 died and I began the RMA proccess.....

First it took a bit of hoop jumping to get an RMA number, but I got it.

The parts were delivered to Corsair and I called to confirm this on 8/14/09. At that point I was told my parts were shipping that day! Great news! Followed up shortly with a "I'm sorry, those parts are on backorder and should be available next week." The lady was very pleasant and told me she would call me when they came in.

I have heard nothing so I decided to call yesterday just to check on 'em. What do you know, the parts were to be shipped yesterday 8/19/09 and were scheduled to be in my hands on 8/21/09 (BTW I am on the East Coast)! But, for some odd reason she couldn't give me a tracking number and just insisted that I call back Tuesday 8/25/09 if I had not received them.

Well being me, I called today, 8/20/09, to try and get a tracking number. Of course, to my surprise (sarcasm), the parts were on backorder until the end of the month! I asked why I was told they shipped yesterday and didn't get a clear answer other than they are still on backorder. So I asked for a supervisor.

The person I spoke with was excellent! She was very helpful. Quickly and painlessly she sorted out my situation and made it right. I left this phone conversation with complete confidence in Corsair's Customer Service. I understand how sometimes someone may not have all the information available to them to satisfy a customer completely. So I have been very patient with the whole process and do not hold this against Corsair. I am very, very pleased with the service I received today. As long as Corsair can stand behind our conversation today, I will be very satisfied and will continue to purchase Corsair's products. I hope that I am not jumping the gun in writing this thread. I sure would hate to follow this up with "Another one of Corsair's lies". Great work Customer Service! Thank you very much for understanding my needs and resolving my issue. :D:

My experience with situations similar (not with Corsair but with my College) is that many "front line" people are either afraid to say they don't know and call for help or don't want to make their supervisor aware that they need help. They want to keep as many customesr as possible from getting by them and to the next level of help. It makes it appear that they can handle any customer that comes to them.

I make a habit of calling several times about the same problem just to get a different customer service person. It is amazing how many different answers you get.

• Corsair Employees
First let me say I am sorry that has happened and I will point this out to the customer service manager. But you should get the same answer no matter how many people you talk to. I will look into this and see if there is anything that can be done, but I would need to know your RMA number to follow up.

I think my RMA number is 1119632. It used to be 1118132 but it then got assigned new RMA number when I called back on 8/14/09. Of course that number is not right here next to me right now but I will post it when I get back to work tomorrow. Still no shipping confirmation e-mail. Thanks for keeping an eye out for us.

• Corsair Employees
I just spoke to our customer service and the manager had setup an order for you that should go out today, but we will not have the tracking information until Monday. I have asked they send that tracking info to you ASAP but as I said that will most likely be Monday

Thanks for verifying that. I was hoping they went out yesterday as I was told on the phone, but that's alright if they ship today. It's still better than the end of the month or changing dates. ;):

My eyes are locked on my e-mail awaiting the arrivial of that glorious tracking number.

You guys are awesome! Keep up the good work!

Everybody runs into problems through life. Corsair has proven to me that they can handle it when it happens to them. I am VERY pleased with Corsair and will continue to use and recommend Corsair products. Thanks for all you help!

-One very satisfied customer :D:

Archived