Corsair Community

K8V SE Deluxe - Frist Time Build Question

Millaweb

OK folks...I am sitting here looking at a... - K8V SE Deluxe - Athlon 64 3400+ - Corsair TwinX 1 Gbyte - Twinx1024-3200C2PT (XMS3200, 512mg x2, 400Mhz, CL2, XMS3202v3.1) ...fresh out of the box. The final 3 pieces needed to construct my very first attempt and a 'home brewed' PC. I came to this site to get some pointers on installation and ended up getting a little panicked by reading about all of these issues related to memory and the K8V SE. Now granted I am a little new at this...but am I going to regret trying to accomplish the task set before me? More directly my first question would be, did I buy the right parts? :): Second? If I am not a master at timing memory, is this something I should attempt without a pro at my side? Thanks in advance. This forum is greatness! Brian Dallas, TX

I'm considering the same MB and Processor but I'm thinking about using 512 Meg of DDR SDRAM. What made you choose the Corsair TwinX 1 Gbyte - Twinx1024-3200C2PT (XMS3200, 512mg x2, 400Mhz, CL2, XMS3202v3.1? Like you I'm new to this to and I'm a liitle taken back by some of the incompatability issues I see. Good luck and please post your progress.

Archived