Corsair Community

Pc 8500 max bandwidth is only Pc 6400

marlon_basti

Good day! My Corsair Dominator is CM2X1024-8500C5D 4.1 version & 2.1 volts, my DRAM voltage is set to AUTO. The question is, why is that the maximum bandwidth of my doms is only pc6400 while my doms is rated pc8500? I already set the voltage to 2.1, but still I got pc6400 on my maximum bandwidth. Is there something wrong with my RIG, can I run it @ pc8500 as the maximum bandwidth? TIA :cool:

Here's the pics..

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/marlon_basti/CPUIDMem.jpghttp://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/marlon_basti/CPUIDMem2.jpg

• Corsair Employees
Yes that is normal and has been explained many times here, the modules SPD has to be set to something the MB can post at with default Voltage IE DDR800 at 1.8 Volts and the tested settings would need to be manually set and set with the EPP Profile IE SLI Ready Memory. And according to the memory Tab they are running at DDR1066 at the tested settings.

Thanks sir. Did the RAM runs @ 1066mhz, even though the DRAM is not set @ 2.1 volts? If it runs in 1066mhz, the max bandwidth of my RAM is only 800mhz?. Sorry sir, i'm just confused. Im noobie in this field, i just want to run my RAM @ 1066mhz, in both speed & max bandwidth. What shall i do? =(

The SPD tab is static information. That area can say 1 KAJILLION Max Bandwidth and it won't affect the capabilities of the memory. The settings in the SPD area are only used the first time you install the memory, unless you set the memory to SPD in the BIOS, which is usually the default.

So IGNORE the SPD tab. The MEMORY tab is showing you are running the memory at 533 Mhz (DDR2-1066) 5-5-5-15, which is the rated speed / timings of the memory.

As for the voltage, if it's stable you're all set to go. If it gets unstable, bump up the memory voltage to 2.1v as stated.

Thanks sir. But i did set the DRAM to 2.1 volts, & the bandwidth is still the same. (It displays as PC2-6400 [800mhz]) =(

Which CPU-Z tab are you looking at? Changing voltage will not change the bandwidth. You have to manually set the frequency in your BIOS.

Archived