Corsair Community

Need help with BIOS settings for Asus P5E3

mrluke

I have tried to set the BIOS for these three badboys, even used the settings that my colleague has with the same MB and triple card combo, with Vista not starting, then a Blue screen of joy and a bunch of overclocking not accepted.

I currently have 2 of the cards working but want the three working.

I don't know what things to change in the bios to make this three set work. Is there a simple set of values to enter?

Peace

Luke

I posted from my laptop at home, now I am sure.

I had originally installed and been using one of a pair of the 4GB : 2 x 2GB Modules CMS3X2G1600C9DHX . My colleague had the other one and added another pair successfully. So I have just bought another pack of two.

His MB is the same, his processor is a Q9550, but neither of us thought of that as a limiting factor for my box.

CMS? Haven't seen that part number before. What's the part number of the kit? Also, why are you wanting to use 3 sticks on a dual channel system, especially when you have 2 pairs?

The Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 has a 1333 MHz FSB, so unless you OC your system your memory speed will be limited to 1333 MHz.

I only have three sticks, between my colleague and I we have a total of three pairs. Sorry, error. On the card it says CM3X2G1600C9DHX. I know this is going to sound stupid, but what do you mean by dual channel?

My machine is the Q6600.

My colleague has his three working fine in his Q9500

Archived