Corsair Community

Triple channel memory on dual channel board, help please

one_35

I am building a new setup using a dual channel board (asus m4a79-t deluxe AM3). I decided to go with corsair memory, had always been faithful to corsair memory for my two previous pc. However, in my area (philippines), there are no sellers/distributors for 2X2gb corsair memory ddr3. What they have is this: TR3X6G1333C9. If i use two sticks from TR3X6G1333C9, will that work in dual channel on the motherboard? Thanks

Then if i buy another set of TR3X6G1333C9 later it means I have 3 + 1 sticks so will this setup work? I really want to stick with corsair. Thanks

P.S. I can't find TR3X6G1333C9 on the asus support list, but can this memory run on the motherboard?

Thanks Wired. That helped a lot. I guess I'll just have to buy two 3-sticks memory. The problem is this country mostly sells triple channel corsair ram, so since its okay to just use two sticks first, I probably will.

If my motherboard say its dual memory, does that mean i must really use two sticks? Can i put it in a the three sticks separately and make it in a single channel format?

Why is it better to buy everything at the same time? :)

Thanks Wired. There's no guarantee in mixing packs of memory even if u use the same corsair product model? How come? I thought they just have to be identical, aren't same branded and same edition supposed to be identical? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
The warranty would cover the modules the way they are sold IE as one set, and mixing them is hit and miss. But you are welcome to try anything you like just that when mixing sets we would suggest you lower them to the next lower speed grade.

Ahhh okay, but does that mean if i use 3 dual channels (6 sticks in total), all those paired channels must be at the same speed? All must be 1066 or only the mixed pack? Thanks

Lets say i have three (2X2gb) memory, does all the three memory pairing work at the same speed? Or should only the one from the mixed pack have lower speed?

Hi, thanks everyone. I found out in this QVL that http://forum.oktabit.gr/files/M4A79T%20DLX%20QVL.pdf the asus mobo supports the triple channel mem set. What i do not understand is this part:

• A*: Supports one module inserted in any slot as Single-channel memory configuration

• B*: Supports one pair of modules inserted into eithor the blue slots or the black slots as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration

• C*: Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration

The corsair mem is checked with all this options, does that mean of the three memory sticks, I can run 2 sticks in dual channel (B) plus 1 stick in single channel (A)? Thanks. I wanna stick to corsair no matter what, even if i found some other brand with dual channel, corsair I want haha

Archived