Corsair Community

H50 Fan CFM?

Speedi

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/2/

The kit also comes with a single 7-blade 120x120x25mm cooling fan that runs at 1700RPM. After contacting the engineers at Corsair we were informed that the fan was sourced from well known cooling fan manufacturer Akasa. The model AK174CB-4BLB cooling fan has a 50,000 hour life span and a twin ball bearing design. This fan consumes 2.2W when running at 1700RPM and has a noise level of 29.75 dB(A). The max airflow is 59.05CFM with a static pressure of 3.57mm H20.

I knew I saw this information, somewhere, but I couldn't find it! Thanks!

I notice that this is a 4-pin fan designed to plug into the CPU Fan 4-pin fan connector.

Last few questions regarding the fan...

* If I decide to plug this Corsair fan into an "OPT1_FAN" MB header, would it matter? The are 3-pin headers.

* If I decided to replace the supplied fan with a 3-pin fan, and plug that into the CPU_FAN header (4-pin), would it matter? Why is the supplied fan 4-pin - what does the 4th pin give me over the 3-pin header?

A few other questions...

* Is there an advantage of adding another fan for a push/pull setup?

* Is there an advantage of using another thermal paste on the device, such as Arctic Silver?

• Corsair Employees
You can plug the Corsair fan into any header on the board, the 4th pin is a PWM sensor and the fan will function perfectly fine without the use of it. Using a 3-pin fan with the unit should be fine as well. Push pull would likely improve your results, but it really depends on your individual system and how the airflow is configured. We have not done testing to compare our thermal paste to Arctic Silver.

So, I tried another fan in the case -- a Scythe Kaze 2000 RPM 110 CFM fan. In my setup, there was little improvement in ambient temperature. I was still hitting 44C when it was idling... in addition, it was a fair amount noisier than the Corsair fan included with the H50.

I have changed it back to the stock fan.

• 5 months later...
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/2/

Quote:

The kit also comes with a single 7-blade 120x120x25mm cooling fan that runs at 1700RPM. After contacting the engineers at Corsair we were informed that the fan was sourced from well known cooling fan manufacturer Akasa. The model AK174CB-4BLB cooling fan has a 50,000 hour life span and a twin ball bearing design. This fan consumes 2.2W when running at 1700RPM and has a noise level of 29.75 dB(A). The max airflow is 59.05CFM with a static pressure of 3.57mm H20.

my kit didnt come with a blue led fan....so either this article reviewed an early product that is different than mine or they have their info mixed up. all i got was a black fan.

anyone know the REAL model number of the fan, so we can see the actual specs?

thanks.

The H50 fan is frankly really quite dinky. It isn't terribly loud, but it doesn't have great airflow either.

If you looked at it closely, you'll notice the fan blades are very small.. more like a 92mm fan than a real 120mm fan.

Switch to a lower speed Scythe Slipstream and you'll really feel the difference in air flow at the same noise levels (put your hand over it). Or go with the top with a Gentle Typhoon.

my kit didnt come with a blue led fan....so either this article reviewed an early product that is different than mine or they have their info mixed up. all i got was a black fan.

anyone know the REAL model number of the fan, so we can see the actual specs?

thanks.

:confused: LED FAN :confused:

That model number is wrong but the specifications are correct.

Archived