Corsair Community

Bad RAM Issue - Registers Wrong & Crashes System

NAH

I have acquired two (2) separate sticks of VS512MB400 Corsair ValueSelect RAM. Of those two sticks, one properly registers the full 512 MB and works flawlessly. The other however does not. It registers as 384 MB and when accessed by the system as either the only stick of RAM in the system or in conjunction with the other, it crashes the system giving BSOD's.

I have tried to submit a technical support ticket through the Corsair website on two (2) other systems and the webpage gives errors and won't allow submission using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. I submitted a ticket to the Webmaster about the issue, which is still present, and received no feedback. I tried a link I found to submit for an RMA and received similar errors. Thus, I am here.

I appreciate your assistance ahead of time and look forward to resolving this issue.

-N.

I was submitting the ticket through Corsair. The menus to select products update, but the actual buttons to submit for the RMA kept returning an error.

~~~~~Separately~~~~~

On Tech Support Express, you can select Product Type which generates the Status Code 400 error, and press the button which brings up select Product from the List. After selecting the specific product the button to continue forward to the next part keeps returning errors of Status Code 12152. The error details are as follows:

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 400

Line: 5

Char: 62099

Code: 0

URI: http://www.corsair.com/ScriptResource.axd?d=G8xrWXhyteIh9P3aPj4FVB4zP4rekzR2OOvz5nHIoZD2cybFe1BHhyhObv9SIC_CMTFUUWY3UZGVowf_xuCQy3kotp9endH2vaVf4_PpiQo1&t=ffffffffaa423eed

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 12152

URI: http://www.corsair.com/ScriptResource.axd?d=G8xrWXhyteIh9P3aPj4FVB4zP4rekzR2OOvz5nHIoZD2cybFe1BHhyhObv9SIC_CMTFUUWY3UZGVowf_xuCQy3kotp9endH2vaVf4_PpiQo1&t=ffffffffaa423eed

I hope this helps.

-N.

Mitchell, I appreciate your assistance and have tried to submit the ticket via that webpage per your request. I receive an error there as well.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)

Timestamp: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:52:58 UTC

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 12152

I hope this can be of some assistance. What should I do from here?

-N.

Wired,

I appreciate your assistance. I have found the solution to the problem. On my WAN Router/Firewall, a Linksys WRT600N Proxy filtering was set; unchecking this solved the issue. Perhaps that information can be of assistance later on.

-N.

Very, very strange. We've never run into that issue.

The corsair.com domain is hosted on the Akamai edge network, so perhaps the proxy setting you were using was not friendly to that somehow.

Very odd. :)

Thanks for letting us know, though.

Mitch

Mitchell,

Yes I imagine it sounds a bit odd; I spent a few hours poking through the Linksys forums and found there are numerous issues with the WRT600N incorrectly blocking things, which were fixed with the WRT610N. I started changing things one at a time and checking the results. That was the winner it seems. Anywho, thanks again for the help.

-N.

Archived